CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   B2B OR B2B - change ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/378646-b2b-b2b-change-ships.html)

lv2b@sea December 10th, 2010 12:27 PM

B2B OR B2B - change ships

We have never done a back to back but prefer 14+ day cruises.

We are booked on the Oasis for next May. Since it is a 7 day cruise, we have been seriously thinking about booking the Allure for the following week. Since the Oasis is Saturday to Saturday and the Allure is Sunday to Sunday, we would get off the Oasis Saturday, stay at the Embassy Suites - wash and iron clothes - then Sunday board the Allure. Are we crazy? Would it be better to just stay on the Oasis for another week or try the newest ship too? It would be Eastern then Western but we have been to the ports so that is not important. Opinions???

Paul Motter December 10th, 2010 12:33 PM

Nuh nuh nuh no.... !

You have to stay on the same ship or else you will be doing the same itinerary again. Both ships alternate itineraries on opposite weeks. They do it on purpose so you can do back to backs.

They are so close you will enjoy Oasis as much as Allure.

I mean - unless you really don't care about ports. I just hope you get to see Labadee because the zip line is very cool.

Trip December 10th, 2010 01:49 PM

Call me wacky, but, I would get off and go on the Allure!

I also would hope the itinerary is the eastern:)

Mike M December 10th, 2010 02:41 PM

If you don't want to do the same itinerary then stay on Oasis.

If I was doing it: I would do Oasis and then go on Allure. The Caribbean ports aren't that big of a deal to me anymore so I would do it to experience the ships and the differences between them.

The decision is yours but the idea of doing two identical itineraries could be a major turn off.

Take care,
Mike

Kuki December 10th, 2010 04:38 PM

I do back to backs quite often. But I would recommend not only changing ships, but changing cruise lines.

Staying on the same line much is the same, even though it's a different ship; the menus, and production shows for example would be nearly identical.

Manuel December 10th, 2010 04:58 PM

B2B on the Oasis makes a lot of sense. There is so much to do that 7 days is not enough.

TM

Snoozeman December 10th, 2010 05:32 PM

Lot's of interesting opinions.

I've done what Kuki suggests and rolled our bags from a Princess ship to a RCCL. That was unique.

So simple to stay on board though. Perhaps on the Allure.

Both have advantages.

Robbie H December 13th, 2010 03:07 PM

Just off of the "Allure" and even though there is enough to do for a B2B, I would want to see the shows (again) on the "Oasis." Each will be keeping their signature productions (A-Chicago and O-Hairspray) for a few years so plenty of time for everyone to fit them in if you are not a fan of switching ships. Another couple we spoke with just did Oasis the week before the official maiden for the "Allure" and they loved it.

Wando December 13th, 2010 03:48 PM

I've booked an Oasis/Allure back-to-back for next November - Nov 12-19 on the Oasis and November 20-27 on the Allure. I realize the itinerary is the same, but for me I'm going mostly for the ship experience.

Paul Motter December 13th, 2010 03:50 PM

I didnt thnk about the shows being different.

Allure already has the Dreamworks 3D movies and such, and it has Chicago instead of Hairspray.

I actually liked Hairspray better than Chicago, but that could have just been me (I was tired that night). The thing about Fosse is that you need the best dancers in the world to pull it off.

I only stayed through the first scene (which seemed like it went on forever).

BUt, you could try the different restaurants if you change ships, too. Only the ports would matter.

I do think the ships are interesting enough that you could do two weeks on one or both and then also do the other one.

Some people (who have never seen Oasis) have already decided they don't like it. On the other hand, most people who have seen say it is amazing. I am in that camp.

I also just like the look of Oasis a bit better than Allure. Its a little classier.

Snoozeman December 13th, 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1334509)
Some people (who have never seen Oasis) have already decided they don't like it. On the other hand, most people who have seen say it is amazing. I am in that camp.

That has been my observation.

Manuel December 13th, 2010 08:38 PM

How can a person decide to not like a ship that they have not been on?

TM