Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
First Mate

Default Who's Ready to Leave the Snow?

I know I'm ready to sail in Feb onboard Allure of the Seas; especially after the additional 14 inches of snow left on our doorsteps here in the Northeast. Anyone else counting down the days to the sunshine next month?
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ahoy DM,
Just came in from shoveling, while we haven't had near the snow the NE has, I'm still ready to leave it. I do have a bit of a wait yet for Allure of the Seas, Oct. 2, 2011...I am however, looking forward to hearing how your Allure cruise is when you return, getting close!

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Admiral

We got off the Allure on the 23rd. and after a wonderful cruise we had to come back to Snowville.
The Alllure is a great ship to sail on. We loved it, and booked the Oasis for april 2012.

Now we are waiting to cruise on the Equinox this coming april.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Admiral

No cruises in the forseeable future ,however :

32 days to March 1
46 days to March 15 ,by then there should not be snow .46 days ago was a day before the beginning of my last cruise .
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Familiar Face

We leave on Saturday for Columbus to board a flight on Sunday AM for Ft. Lauderdale and a transfer to the port to embark on our first ever cruise on the Ruby Princess... I can hardly wait. One more day to work! Three more days for cold and snow!
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Admiral

My neighbors will be on your cruise .They are soooooooooooo lucky .
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Familiar Face

I think Skymaster may be on the Ruby, as well.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Admiral

DM - arn't we on the same Allure cruise?

I am so anxious for this winter to be over. I have a number of clients leaving and I've been calling them to see if they are prepared to leave a day eary if necessary. I've been watching the weather more than I ever have before.

I have to shovel the end of the driveway sometime today.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM
First Mate

I believe we may be on the same Allure cruise - 2/27/11 - Western. I'm flying down the night before and staying at the Westin Fort Lauderdale - I almost want to change my flight and go down two days before in order to get another day of warmer weather...haha.
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
First Mate

You are going to have such a great time on your cruise. We have been booking cruises in the winter for awhile now (or trips to Hawaii). When you live where there is snow it is a must to get away somewhere warm or the winters can get really long. We just got back from the Mariner a couple weeks ago and the sun felt so good. Hope to hear all about your cruise when you get home. And hope the weather doesn't interfere with you leaving.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007
Monarch June 2006
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Familiar Face

We have done "All Inclusive" Resorts before and enjoyed them. We also got used to the winter escape! Last year we missed it due to some other responsibilities we had to take care of. We thought we would try the cruise thing this year. I'm looking forward to the excursions we have planned and just "experiencing" the cruise!
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
I believe we may be on the same Allure cruise - 2/27/11 - Western. I'm flying down the night before and staying at the Westin Fort Lauderdale - I almost want to change my flight and go down two days before in order to get another day of warmer weather...haha.
I haven't booked our hotel yet - I better get to it since I am our TA. And you're right, I've thought of going down an extra day too. We are going down a day early. I'm going to be watching the weather anyway - this year we may not have any choice.

I'm not sure my SIL would be willing to go a day earlier than we planned as she is going next week for a cruise on the Ruby Princess.

I'll just watch...........................

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old January 28th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2 View Post
You are going to have such a great time on your cruise. We have been booking cruises in the winter for awhile now (or trips to Hawaii). When you live where there is snow it is a must to get away somewhere warm or the winters can get really long. We just got back from the Mariner a couple weeks ago and the sun felt so good. Hope to hear all about your cruise when you get home. And hope the weather doesn't interfere with you leaving.
We've taken a January cruise for umpteen years. DH birthday is in January so we always try to be sure to be on a ship. This is actually the first year we haven't done that. We were away in November and December so.................we weren't planning on January. Then I had this fam come up and I just couldn't say no. Turns out he could so his sister is going with me instead.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old January 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow5181 View Post
We have done "All Inclusive" Resorts before and enjoyed them. We also got used to the winter escape! Last year we missed it due to some other responsibilities we had to take care of. We thought we would try the cruise thing this year. I'm looking forward to the excursions we have planned and just "experiencing" the cruise!

We've done a lot of A/I over the years. We used to do one cruise and one A/I a season but now DH doesn't really want to do the A/I's anymore. I would like to do them once in awhile but I'm not going to argue.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub