Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default Freedom of the Seas ~ things to do PRE-cruise/upon boarding?

Cruising FOS in Sept 2011 and I would like to know what I need to do pre-cruise I know I need to register online prior but is there anything else? I would also like to know:

Is the Flow Rider available upon boarding....if my kids wear their swimsuit can they give it a try once we board?

What is the earliest time we can board?

Show tickets~ when (earliest)/where do I get my show tickets I keep reading about? Does this apply to all shows offered i.e. ice show too?

Upon boarding what is the best place to dine?

Are the pools open when we board the ship?

Must do restaurants onboard? Cost?

Upon boarding is there a method to the madness...meaning what do you do 1st...i.e you should check on your ??? when you board.

I know relax and enjoy...I just want to make sure I have the bases covered before I throw all my worries in the sea
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Donna's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on my computer
Posts: 26,548
Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default

The pools will be open along with the Windjammer Cafe for a quick lunch. However, your cabin may not be ready, so just carry with you a few things, that you will have to lug around and be sure to include some swim suits for the kids...

The only show that you will need tickets for is the ice show, and they normally don't start passing them out until a few days into the cruise. You should have plenty of time to send someone down from your group to pick up all the tickets you need.
__________________

Message Boards Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
The pools will be open along with the Windjammer Cafe for a quick lunch. However, your cabin may not be ready, so just carry with you a few things, that you will have to lug around and be sure to include some swim suits for the kids...

The only show that you will need tickets for is the ice show, and they normally don't start passing them out until a few days into the cruise. You should have plenty of time to send someone down from your group to pick up all the tickets you need.
Thank you for the great info. Will the Flow Rider be available upon boarding?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Palmer, Massachusetts
Posts: 12,716
Default

i don't think that the flow-rider gets up and running until the ship sails, but not 100% on that one, you might be able to go up there sign-up and fill out the waivers.
We always scope out our cabin location upon boarding, see if our room is ready, if it is then we drop off our carry-ons and go exploring, to get a feel for the layout of the ship, grab a bite to eat
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
i don't think that the flow-rider gets up and running until the ship sails, but not 100% on that one, you might be able to go up there sign-up and fill out the waivers.
We always scope out our cabin location upon boarding, see if our room is ready, if it is then we drop off our carry-ons and go exploring, to get a feel for the layout of the ship, grab a bite to eat
where is the best place to grab a bite upon boarding??? also do you have to reserve the restaurants like Chops etc before the cruise???
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,911
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

You can only eat in the Windjammer buffet.

You should be able to reserve restaurtants on;ine, but there should also be availability once onboard. Do yourself a favor and book it as early as possible so you get the night and time you want (at least 48 hours and more is better).
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
You can only eat in the Windjammer buffet.

You should be able to reserve restaurtants on;ine, but there should also be availability once onboard. Do yourself a favor and book it as early as possible so you get the night and time you want (at least 48 hours and more is better).
Great Paul! Thanks. I have been lurking your Allure of the Seas thread. Looks fabulous!

How early can I make restaurant ressies online...once I am paid in full???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2011, board, boarding, caribean, cruise, day, earliest, freedom, list, royal, seas, ship, shows, things, time

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre cruise Hotel in Pt Canerval for Freedom Debs123 Hotels 3 November 10th, 2008 11:11 AM
Miami Pre Cruise for the Freedom Turkey Cruisers Kuki Carnival Cruise Lines 14 November 8th, 2007 07:54 PM
Freedom of the Seas Pre-Inaugural Cruise Review ArkJudy Royal Caribbean International 10 June 19th, 2006 11:03 AM
Anyone Else on Freedom of the Seas 5/25/06 Pre-Inagural? cruisebuf Royal Caribbean International 3 May 17th, 2006 02:53 PM
pre boarding gifts aprilsailing Chit - Chat for Cruisers 11 January 10th, 2005 08:28 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1