Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Freedom of the Seas ~ things to do PRE-cruise/upon boarding?

Cruising FOS in Sept 2011 and I would like to know what I need to do pre-cruise I know I need to register online prior but is there anything else? I would also like to know:

Is the Flow Rider available upon boarding....if my kids wear their swimsuit can they give it a try once we board?

What is the earliest time we can board?

Show tickets~ when (earliest)/where do I get my show tickets I keep reading about? Does this apply to all shows offered i.e. ice show too?

Upon boarding what is the best place to dine?

Are the pools open when we board the ship?

Must do restaurants onboard? Cost?

Upon boarding is there a method to the madness...meaning what do you do 1st...i.e you should check on your ??? when you board.

I know relax and enjoy...I just want to make sure I have the bases covered before I throw all my worries in the sea
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The pools will be open along with the Windjammer Cafe for a quick lunch. However, your cabin may not be ready, so just carry with you a few things, that you will have to lug around and be sure to include some swim suits for the kids...

The only show that you will need tickets for is the ice show, and they normally don't start passing them out until a few days into the cruise. You should have plenty of time to send someone down from your group to pick up all the tickets you need.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
The pools will be open along with the Windjammer Cafe for a quick lunch. However, your cabin may not be ready, so just carry with you a few things, that you will have to lug around and be sure to include some swim suits for the kids...

The only show that you will need tickets for is the ice show, and they normally don't start passing them out until a few days into the cruise. You should have plenty of time to send someone down from your group to pick up all the tickets you need.
Thank you for the great info. Will the Flow Rider be available upon boarding?
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Admiral

i don't think that the flow-rider gets up and running until the ship sails, but not 100% on that one, you might be able to go up there sign-up and fill out the waivers.
We always scope out our cabin location upon boarding, see if our room is ready, if it is then we drop off our carry-ons and go exploring, to get a feel for the layout of the ship, grab a bite to eat
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
i don't think that the flow-rider gets up and running until the ship sails, but not 100% on that one, you might be able to go up there sign-up and fill out the waivers.
We always scope out our cabin location upon boarding, see if our room is ready, if it is then we drop off our carry-ons and go exploring, to get a feel for the layout of the ship, grab a bite to eat
where is the best place to grab a bite upon boarding??? also do you have to reserve the restaurants like Chops etc before the cruise???
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

You can only eat in the Windjammer buffet.

You should be able to reserve restaurtants on;ine, but there should also be availability once onboard. Do yourself a favor and book it as early as possible so you get the night and time you want (at least 48 hours and more is better).
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
You can only eat in the Windjammer buffet.

You should be able to reserve restaurtants on;ine, but there should also be availability once onboard. Do yourself a favor and book it as early as possible so you get the night and time you want (at least 48 hours and more is better).
Great Paul! Thanks. I have been lurking your Allure of the Seas thread. Looks fabulous!

How early can I make restaurant ressies online...once I am paid in full???