Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First Time Cruising...Excursions with Toddler

This is our first cruise and we are taking the kids. We are doing the Western itinerary and two of the stops we will need to book an excursion. One will be in Cozumel and the other will be in Jamaica. When I look at the list of excursions we are not allowed to bring our toddler with us who will be 21 months old. This rules out alot of them, especially the good ones. We normally take our kids everywhere with us so I'm not too sure what to do with them while we are there. We like the beach and any water activities. Not big on walking around for the day...shopping and site seeing. The kids won't be too interested in that and it will be too hot to walk around. Does anyone know of any place we can go in Cozumel? Also which beach or activites are there in Jamaica that is safe and good for a toddler and a 7 year old? I don't want to travel too long to get there either. My little one doesn't really like car rides too much.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Cozumel you certainly don't need an excursion. There are lots of beaches you can go to with the kids, and lots of taxis at the pier to take you there, and at the beach clubs to bring you back.

Jamaica is a bit trickier. You may want to look into getting a day rate at Sandal's Resort for the family. Spend the day at the beach and their pools.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Yeah, what Kuki said.

On their first cruise, our kids were 4 and 2.5. We packed a few sand toys and they had a blast at the beach. We took a cab ride to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. [beware of their min. spending if you use their chairs .... we were a bit misled, we didn't want their watertoys as our kids were too young. They invited us to use our chairs, and just to order a few drinks. I had sippy cups with water for our kids, and I don't drink in the AM ... so DH just ordered a few beers .... then they tried to stick with a pp min charge. DH refused and they kicked us out ... which was kind of funny as we were preparing to leave anyways which is why DH went to settle up his tab].

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Cozumel you certainly don't need an excursion. There are lots of beaches you can go to with the kids, and lots of taxis at the pier to take you there, and at the beach clubs to bring you back.

Jamaica is a bit trickier. You may want to look into getting a day rate at Sandal's Resort for the family. Spend the day at the beach and their pools.
Thanks for the great tips! If I want to try a resort for the day in Jamaica do I call and book with the resort directly? I wanted to try a Sandals but not sure if we can bring the kids to a Sandals resort. Isn't it adults only?

Last edited by Cat77; February 2nd, 2011 at 08:36 PM.