Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default wine and soda questions

I have two questions
1-should I purchase soda cards on line before our trip or is it easy and no line on the ship which is Navigator of the seas.
2-If we order a bottle of wine and don't finish it can we yake it back to our room?
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Wine and soda

Here is what I do and cruise lines allow it. Take a small carry on bag and pack a 12 pack (cans only) of you favorite soda per person. Do not carry that bag on the ship. Put a baggage tag on it and check it with the porters outside and it will show up at your cabin just like regular luggage would. Soda cards are a rip off. For the wine yes they should allow you to take one bottle per person aboard. I would carry the wine with you on board. No other alcohol allowed. Have a great cruise, Ed

Last edited by cruised1014; February 4th, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Familiar Face

Ok, newbie sticking her nose in here; I've never even cruised yet, but I've read RCI's website inside and out, and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to bring wine onboard their ships. Other lines, yes, but not RCI. Others can and will correct me if I'm mistaken. You can bring onboard what you purchase in port, but you have to leave it with them until the last day.

I may take the advice on the soda issue though- if it's allowed, I'm all for it!

New to Cruising- UNTIL...

Allure of the Seas- 2012!

The Crew:

Captain Mama D- 38 (Me)
First Mate- Daughter Shannon- 18
Second Mate- Daughter Jasmine- 18

and The Swab- Little Man Adam- 11
Old February 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaCruiserMom View Post
Ok, newbie sticking her nose in here; I've never even cruised yet, but I've read RCI's website inside and out, and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to bring wine onboard their ships. Other lines, yes, but not RCI. Others can and will correct me if I'm mistaken. You can bring onboard what you purchase in port, but you have to leave it with them until the last day.

I may take the advice on the soda issue though- if it's allowed, I'm all for it!
I just returned from sailing Allure; to answer both your questions. You can buy a soda card onboard; no need to buy one online. When u board the ship all the bars; pool areas, outside the windjammer, so no worries there. Second taking wine or booze onboard; don't do it. If u try to bring in with carry on; when u go thru xray machine they will take it and lock it up; you will get it back on last night of cruise; if u try an sneak it in with your luggage; you will get a call sometime on day one of your cruise asking you to go down to deck two or three; there you will be met by security and staff officer; they will tell you that you brought booze onboard and they have taken it away; it's not a good way to start your cruise or vacation.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds