Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1
Default Allure Mini-Review Part One

I keep remembering things that I didn't post in my review. Make sure you have your welcome aboard picture taken prior to getting on the ship. Royal uses a facial recognition program; any pictures taken of you during the week will show up in your picture folio on deck 6. It is really neat. I had about six pictures taken randomly onboard; the photogrphers took pictures of me at the zipline; in port in front of the ship, and in dining room, royal promenade; all these will be available for you to look at in the photo place on deck six. Also, on Deck 5(Royal Promenade), the On Air Club; this is a Kareoke lounge; in the back of the club is a video booth. You can send free video postcards or video emails to anyone; this is a free service; we sent two videos to our kids telling them; we are on a cruise and you aren't. If I think of more important stuff, I will add it.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Familiar Face

AF1
I have a few questions. What time did you arrive back in port? We are on the Allure returning on 4/10 at FLL - itinerary says 7 am. Did you take a cab back to the airport or a transfer bus? Also, where did you purchase travel insurance? thanks for your info. I learn so much from these sites!
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cals granny View Post
AF1
I have a few questions. What time did you arrive back in port? We are on the Allure returning on 4/10 at FLL - itinerary says 7 am. Did you take a cab back to the airport or a transfer bus? Also, where did you purchase travel insurance? thanks for your info. I learn so much from these sites!
The ship docks between 4 and 4:30 am. You can leave the ship as early as 6:15; and as late as 10:30. We left the ship around 10:15. But if u stay onboard; all the eating places stop serving breakfast at 08:30. We took taxi to and from port. Taxi cost around $10-12 to airport. it is about 12-15 drive depending on how many lights you hit. there is a Walgreens right at the entrance to the port. We had our taxi driver stop on the way to the ship. We bought cruise insurance thru Royal Caribbean. My friend is a Royal Caribbean travel agent; he set up the cruise with the insurance.

Go Reds
Old February 13th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Familiar Face

AF1
Thanks so very much!! You put my mind at rest. Stopping at Walgreens is a great idea! I'm going to check out the insurance that Royal offers. thanks again!!
Old February 16th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Admiral

no problem, if you have any more questions let me know.

Go Reds