Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default What's the Best Beach in Jamaica!!

Hi, This will be our first cruise and one of our ports will be in Falmouth, Jamaica. Can anyone recommend a beach to go to for the day. I think The Doctor's Cave and Montego Bay are close to the port. I have two children and one of them is a toddler. We want a nice safe beach and place to eat. Does anyone even recommend that we go off to the beach by ourself in Jamaica?
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I don't know if any ship has been to Falmouth bay yet; so don't know about beaches there and can't tell how far Montego Bay is from Falmouth; I have been to Montego Bay by airplane; but do not know how far it is from the Port. Sorry
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Most of the area around Falmouth was rocky coastline. Beach trips last week all seemed to involve a 30 minute cab/bus ride up the coast to one of the Montego Bay beaches. They should be fine for you & the family. Easy to just grab a beach cab at the taxi station. No excursion necesary. Round trip for $20 a head plus any beach access fees. Falmouth itself is still lacking in development. I bet at some point in the future a more local beach option will become available.

Doug