Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default Western Caribbean port ideas for Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel???

Does anyone have some advice for us regarding what to do at the various ports? We are a family of 6: hubby and I plus 4 kids (16, 15, 12 & 10).

What can we do at Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel that isn't expensive?!? (Having 6 people makes any excursion ridiculously expensive.) We are planning to do ONE excursion only, so we would love to know what is the best "can't miss" excursion: and also what we can do on our own at the other two stops.

We love beach type activities and learning about local culture and food. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi BM,
Labadee will be "the" beach day. There are lots of different activities do to on the beach including a nice BBQ lunch. They now have a zip line that I hear is fun. The wave runner tour is also a lot of fun, plus parasailing, snorkeling too. You can rent a beach mat for the day, those are good for both water and on the beach. Best bet to do, is go to the Royal Caribbean site and look through all the different excursions for the different ports and decide what fits well for everyone.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Falmouth is so new they are still working the kinks out. Not really any cheapy local walk around options yet, but you can easily cab it to Montego Bay or do the local historic tram tour at $10 a head.

Walking around with your crew would probably not be a good idea. Lots of locals jamming the streets when I was there last week. The whole cruise ship thing is still so new to them, and there is a lot of poverty. I posted about it more in Snoozeman's Falmouth thread if you wanna read more about it.

We recommended a Dunn River Falls excursion we'd done on a prior trip to our table mates and they loved it. It is a 45 minute bus ride each way from Falmouth. With your big crew it would not be a cheap option though. Over $100 per, but it was a package and did more than just the falls climbing.

Last week was the kick-off for Falmouth, so more input for the port should trickle in as more members get there. We were just accidently on the first docking.

Doug
Old February 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was in your same boat with only having to choose 1 shore excursion due to cost. My kids were 17 and 15 and we decided upon the Swim with the Dolphins excursion at Chankanaab (sp?) Park in Cozumel. Yes, it was pricey but worth every dime. We all had a fantastic time. An experience you will not forget.
Old March 6th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

when are you cruising? We are leaving on July 17th.........and I have a 12 yr. old daughter!