Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
First Mate

Default Costa Maya?

We are always excited to be going to a port we have never been to, however I do have a few questions. We are beach people and am looking for a great beach to spend the day at while in Costa Maya. I understand the beach at the port is to rocky to go swimming at . If we take the taxi into the local town are there free beaches or are the only ones available the beach club ones that require a day pass? I have seen that we can purchase day passes ahead of time on line, but don't know what other options are there. If you have any info or other suggestions of what to do there please help!!
Also in Cozumel has anyone been to either Paradise Beach or San Francisco beach? Which is better?
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007
Monarch June 2006
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

No, forget the beach by the port, way too rocky. THere was one that you could book an excursion to, saw pictures and it looks lovely...May be the best bet...

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Costa Maya

I think in Costa Maya the thing to do there is either visit a Mayan Ruins site or go to the beach.

If you are looking for a recommendation, we really enjoyed Nohoch Kay Beach its an all inclusive kinda deal, all drinks/food and chairs etc and we got a kick out of the owner, Hymy, really nice guy.

I've heard excellent things about the Kohunlich Mayan Ruins Site but it seemed like too much work and we wanted to just eat and drink margaritas;-)
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I recently got back from a cruise that visited Costa Maya and Cozumel March 6th. At Costa Maya we booked the jungle beach excursion last minute for $40 and went very pleased with it! The water was soooo warm and there was an old pier that was great for snorkeling! The drinks are free, however you have to pay for food. The salsa and guacamole were delicious and well worth it! At Cozumel we booked the Passion Island excursion. This one had free drinks and food. Both were very good! I looked at reviews for Passion Island for weeks before our cruise and couldn't find a bad review! White sand beaches, beautiful scenery, warm blue and green water. This one was I think $75 but well worth it! If I go back to either location I will go back to those beaches! The only bad thing about Costa Maya is that anything good is at least a 40 minute drive from port. But we were in air conditioned buses both ways so it was very comfortable. Also, not sure if Labadee is on your itinerary but we went to Malfini beach there and highly recommend it! I have been there twice now. Malfini beach is a small beach that you have to take a 20 minute boat ride to. The snorkeling there is AMAZING! Lots of coral. There is no food there, and drinks cost money, but I don't mind spending money at the Haiti stop. FYI Bring your own snorkel gear to any beach excursion to get the most out of it!
Old April 15th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to hotdog647
Default beaches

In addition to the all-inclusive beach packages and excursions, there are clean beaches in the nearby ($3 taxi ride) town of Majahual. Many cafes and bars line the Malecon walking street, and you can enjoy their beaches, chairs etc for the price of a drink. The water is clear, sandy bottom, but not much for snorkeling.
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog647 View Post
In addition to the all-inclusive beach packages and excursions, there are clean beaches in the nearby ($3 taxi ride) town of Majahual. Many cafes and bars line the Malecon walking street, and you can enjoy their beaches, chairs etc for the price of a drink. The water is clear, sandy bottom, but not much for snorkeling.
We haven't been to Costa Maya since Hurricane Dean wiped it out in 2007, but it was a favorite of ours. We always grabbed a taxi out to Majahual and spent the day on the most beautiful beach. Just wondering, how that area is now (after Hurricane Dean).
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Admiral

I highly recommend you check out Fernando's 100% Aguave. Very friendly and the food is fantastic. It really was a highlight of my whole cruise.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Ahoy Addicted 2
I just registered today for cruisemates site..... so I have alot of exploring to do.
Since I am cruising Royal Caribbean for my next cruise, I selected this area.

We generally book our own tours for each island we visit.
Here is our suggestion for Costa Maya:

Costa Maya:
You can't go wrong with Maya Chan. Its an all inclusive day on the beach with you own private beach beds and hammock..... The pictures you see are a true depiction of what you will see. The Mexican BBQ is done right in front of your eyes. The bar makes freshly frozen drinks that is also included in your rate.
Free kayaks, snorkel gear, etc are available too......
Adult rates are $49 plus $10 round trip air condition bus/van. Group rates are shown on the web site....
A young couple from California brought this beach area after one of the hurricanes and has brought it back to the beautiful paradise that it is...
Check out the webcam while you are at the web site too..
We have visited twice, and plan to go again this Nov.
Do Check out Maya Chan on Trip Advisor for excellent reviews! There is a link on Maya Chan site for Trip Advisor.

Costa Maya Beach Resort, a Puerto Costa Maya Cruise Resort-Costa Maya, Maya Chan Beach Resort - Costa Maya, Majahual, Mexico

Enjoy your visit....

A Floridian Cruiser who loves Maya Chan......

Old May 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cozumel Beach Day.....at Nachi Cocom

Ahoy Mateys........
We have visited Cozumel many times in the past. We love going to Nachi Cocum for a beach day.
Nachi Cocom Beach Club and Water Sports Center | Cozumel, Quintana Roo | México

Its $49 per person and well worth the cost.
Food and drink is included, and they do have a pool bar also.

Take a look for yourself. You can share a taxi with others to go to the resort.
They limit visitors to 100 each day.
Nachi Cocom Beach Club and Water Sports Center | Cozumel, Quintana Roo | México

Old May 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Maya Chan limits their visitors to 50 per day.... So don't wait to register for a fun time on the beach with personal service.
Costa Maya Beach Resort, a Puerto Costa Maya Cruise Resort-Costa Maya, Maya Chan Beach Resort - Costa Maya, Majahual, Mexico
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cozumel beach Day outing on your own....

For those of you who don't want to pay for resort fees or go on a ships tour, let us recommend the Barracuda Hotel where the ship hands go. It's right on the beach near Margaritaville. There is a beach with a bar and servers for drink and food.
Check it out!
Home
Old May 30th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Admiral

In Cozumel, I love the beach in Passion Isaland. Nice clear and warm water and soft sand.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Costa Maya is a great port for a beach day. Majahual is a beach village. Lot's of FREE beach areas. IMHO-I would NOT book a specific place here as you can spend the day trying all the various bars and beaches in the village.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Familiar Face

Nohach Kay, was the most fabulous day at the beach I've ever experienced! Jaimie's staff was excellent! Beach side massage for one hour was only 35$ and the BEST relaxing thing I've ever done! Great food, prepared fresh...more than we could eat! Very private, hardly anyone there from 8am til well after 1pm...we were only one's there! They only sell or book for 40 people. Guaranteed beach chairs/loungers and umbrella/table. Hobie cat sail boats, kayaks and floats were free. Bathrooms were a bit rustic [they did have flushable toilets..and running water] and very clean, the 'shower' area was outdoors and meant to be while swimsuits on of course.
they called us a cab which seemed to arrive even before the owner Jiamie could hang up the phone, 4$ for 2 back to the pier...
Best experience...wish our FOS trip this fall was going there instead of Cozumel...

Read and post cruise reviews