Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default help

has no one out there been on voyager of the seas, please any advice about dress code drinks would be really appreciated. when booked it said gratuaties included, do we still have to tip??? really know nothing about cruising..
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I will start you off and many more tips will follow...all the drinks you buy will include a tip on the bill.

Buy travel insurance..your peace of mind is worth the small investment.

Check online to see the dress code suggestions.

Bring a power strip for all your electronics.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 2nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen1 View Post
has no one out there been on voyager of the seas, please any advice about dress code drinks would be really appreciated. when booked it said gratuaties included, do we still have to tip??? really know nothing about cruising..
Gratuities for the staff such as your server and your cabin attendant are generally what is that is referring to. As Trip mentioned, when you goto the bar and order a drink (even a soda) there will be a 15% gratuity added to the charge.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks so much for that, as I said first timer without a clue.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for advice,have travel insurance,does each cruise line have a dress code page?
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Go to insuremytrip.com,and enter all the information pertinent to you, you will get a quote...and you can get side by side comparisons, so, you can determine the best coverage for you...Medical/medical evacuation is the most important,,trip interruption and baggage loss is also part of the coverage.

You will have to either comb thru the internet pages to find the dress suggestions, or, pick up an RCI brochure.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hubby and I are leaving on our 8th cruise next Saturday (yea) and we have always felt very comfortable even sometimes over dressed in casual on board during the day. Casual meaning, shorts and T-Shirts for men and either shorts and shirt, skort and shirt for ladies. At night in the dining room, I would suggest Smart Casual. Meaning, nice pants and polo type shirt for men except on formal night and ladies, nice pants and shirt, or dress, here again, except for formal night. When on the ship, they realize you are on vacation and pretty much anything goes. It's just the dining room that I would recommend a little more dressy. Dark suit for men is perfectly fine for formal night and women something sparkly (cocktail dress) or long gown would be ok. I know alot of ladies we have sat with at dinner wear the dress they wore in one of their kids weddings... There is usually 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise so plan accordingly. To wrap it up, I would say, pretty much anything would be ok during the day, just step it up a little at night.. Most important, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!