Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Diamonds View Post
We used them recently with no difficulty. I bought the 'Cruiser pack' which was 3 small and 3 large bags and filled them with Rum and they made it through embarkation in our suitcases OK and then after buying some rum on St Maarten they made it through the carry on xrays too...
Did you cruise on Royal Caribbean? I am going in 3 weeks and was thinking of trying it.
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2RCCL View Post
Did you cruise on Royal Caribbean? I am going in 3 weeks and was thinking of trying it.
Yes, we sailed on Allure of the Seas..
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:06 PM
Familiar Face

I'm not above sneaking a bit on because it's just too expensive, but still buy some. But still, I did not do it last time. Traveling with kids so I take it easy. I bought a cheap $20 bottle of merlot with dinner each night and a can or 2 of Fosters during the day. The Fosters cans are a better deal, you get more for your money. And I don't like American lager beers anyway.

Sovereign of the Seas (Sept 2002)
Enchantment of the Seas (Sept 2003)
Monarch of the Seas (August 2009)
Monarch of the Seas (April 2011)
Enchantment of the Seas- Port Canaveral (May 2013)
Enchantment of the Seas - (April 2014)
Hope for a BIG ship in 2015! (heck with that, we'll take a small one for 2014!)
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool

For the first time, I was busted on Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore. I went down to the "naughty room" and was told that my bag was flagged as possibly containing alcohol. I pulled out a Wine Mummy containing miniature vodka bottles and gave that to the guy, not knowing if they had seen that or the rum runners, which were hidden in my clothes. He gave it back to me and said he was in a good mood because he was going home soon. We were lucky. I really don't know if the scanner had detected the rum runners or the miniatures.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Familiar Face

the ports have stepped up the scans, I have used rum runners for years, sometimes 4 in a bag never a problem. Late last year I had 2 - well tucked and lined into other distracting items as usual... nope did not make it - got hauled into the security room to watch them move through the bag without care or concern and take the run runners. Cost of 2 runners, 1 Gentleman Jack, 1 Bacardi gold. What really bites is I use them as "in-betweens" meaning I will have a bar bill at cruise end, but I'm not going out of my way to find a bar to get a drink if I have it in my room. My rooms are typically close to where I feel I will spend my most time during days at sea.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Familiar Face

By the way for anyone cruising out of PORT CANAVERAL - be careful the port does the scanning and they have increased their scanning ability and have been busting rum runners