Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default Question about boarding security on Oasis of the Seas at Port Everglades?

When you board the ship do passengers pass through "airport-like" x-ray machines? (Just curious ... if, and I say IF, someone was to have one of those wine-skin wine holders inside their shirt (like the old days at concerts!)- would she be detected?
Also, what about when you re-board after port calls?
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jargey3000 View Post
When you board the ship do passengers pass through "airport-like" x-ray machines? (Just curious ... if, and I say IF, someone was to have one of those wine-skin wine holders inside their shirt (like the old days at concerts!)- would she be detected?
Also, what about when you re-board after port calls?
Yes, there are metal detectors when you initially embark and everytime you reboard at a port-of-call. They don't seem to be as sensitive as those at an airport, so I don't know what will or won't set them off.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Admiral

I set it off with my darn belt last week. If they see the bulge they will definitely pull you aside. The also do the random pat downs.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:45 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner View Post
Yes, there are metal detectors when you initially embark and everytime you reboard at a port-of-call. They don't seem to be as sensitive as those at an airport, so I don't know what will or won't set them off.
I don't know about RCL's on ship metal detectors as of yet, but I do know that when I was sailing on Costa in 09, the ones on the Atlantica were sensitive enough that a couple of memory cards in my back pocket set it off. Was really embarrassing because I had forgotten they were there and couldn't figure out what was going on. (Which cost me my small stash of rum in my cargo pocket, but c'est la vie)

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.