Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Western Caribbean Excursions for Kids

We are a family of 5 taking our first cruise in June 2011 on Freedom of the Seas. (can't wait!). We have a big age-gap between kids...15, 5 and 3. Excursions are expensive when you are multiplying by 5...so we are looking for one that would be enjoyable for all age-ranges in our family. Our ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'm thinking Labadee will be our beach day (inflatables on the water for kids). So Falmouth, Grand Cayman or Cozumel for an excursion? What is safe for a 3 yr old but not borin for a 15 yr old?
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

In Grand Cayman look into snorkeling with the Sting Rays, one of the great excursions in the Western Caribbean. Not sure the 3 year old would go in the water??

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

3 year old is going to be the toughest one to find activities for off the ship other than basic beach excursions I fear.

GC... I think that the 3 year old would not be able to deal with the stingrays... they can be overwhemling and seen and heard many adults scream and shout when they first are introduced to the aquatic creatures !

COZ... tours are avialbe, but agin I would think that a child of that age will get bored and cranky real easy if going to see the ruins or culture of Mexico.....

Falmouth...cant help there too muc as this is a new port of call in Jamaica. Sounds like you have a great day planned for Labadee.

Have a Great Cruise !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Cozumel - grab a cab at the pier and head over to Channunkaab National Park, great family place to spend the day, you can swim, snorkel, clean, neat facilities, food, aquarium, mini replica of the ruins, souveniour shops.
Grand Cayman, a swim with the Sting-Rays is a good family activity, if the 3 yr old is too young or scared to get into the water you could take turns sitting with him on the boat watching the people and the rays,we book with Captain Marvin, his crew is the best, they love kids. there is the turtle farm, which is very interesting, or you could grab a cab and spend the day at 7mile beach.
Can't help with Falmouth as it is a brand-new port, and i don't know what is available, might want to look into some type of ships excursion here
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

I would opt for Mr. Sanchos over Chaakanab.....Sanchos has similar ammenities and does not charge an entrance.
If considering Stiny Ray City in GC... I would suggest using http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/ Great folks to work with and offer also a tour to Rum Point...great place for lunch and snorkelling/beach after interacting with the stingrays

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"