Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Vision of the Seas, 5/15- St Pete. shore excursions

Can't believe the cost, $895, of St Pete 8 hour shore excursion through RCCL.
Am booking a 1 day private tour for $199/person through insider-tour.com.
Includes guide, driver (western car) and Hermatige admission. If anyone else is interested email me
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM
First Mate

We did a private tour with RCCL as we were not allowed off the ship unless you had a tour through the cruise line or was organized with a tour operator approved by the local government. US Citizens require a VISA to get off the ship if you're not joining a ship sponsored tour. I believe Red October is one of the few tour operators who also can move guests around the city without a VISA.
Old April 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

You will enjoy the museum; I have been there and it is great; the art collection; the eggs, the palace itself.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default St. petersburg shore excursion

Hi, my sister and I will be on that cruise, we are interested in joining a group with insider tours. I just don't know how to go about it?

Thanks,
Kim
Old April 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
We did a private tour with RCCL as we were not allowed off the ship unless you had a tour through the cruise line or was organized with a tour operator approved by the local government. US Citizens require a VISA to get off the ship if you're not joining a ship sponsored tour. I believe Red October is one of the few tour operators who also can move guests around the city without a VISA.
My understanding is that is not actually true. The ship cannot hold you hostage as it is up to the port as to when the boat is cleared for disembarkation. Once it is cleared if you have someone meeting you, you are cleared. According to Russian Federation law, cruise passengers can stay in Russia for up to 72 hours without a conventional visa.

On trip advisor there are multitudes of people who have taken private tours and seem to have had excellent experiences. I am in the process of trying to put together a small group as the prices go down significantly. I am sailing on the RC May 22, 2011 cruise.

If I am incorrect, I welcome input. Thanks.
Old April 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisejack1 View Post
Hi, my sister and I will be on that cruise, we are interested in joining a group with insider tours. I just don't know how to go about it?

Thanks,
Kim
Which cruise will you be going on? I am on the RC May 22. Have done a lot of research and have it down to 2 tour providers which seem to get very good reviews. Have you looked on trip advisor under St Petersburg? It is very helpful.
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

You are allowed to tour with any licensed tour operator. They take care of passport issues
Nut you must register 2 weeks before the cruise.
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

All cruise ship passengers can tour St Petersburg without a visa as long as they are on a tour.