Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM
First Mate

Default Future Cruise Credit question

So, in October I have a GLBT group cruise I am going on on Monarch of the Seas. The TA for this cruise has already set up another GLBT group cruise for March of next year on Freedom of the Seas that has my interest, especially since it looks like my friend here in Chicago will be able to go with me.

My question is this, if I do the cruise in 2012, I will have my deposit down by June before the price goes up. I will be on Monarch in October and was wondering if I stop by the future cruise desk, can I purchase a certificate that could then be applied to an already booked cruise? The TA is already giving a nice OBC for the March 2012 cruise, but getting an additional one from RCCL would be nice because the 2 together would almost cover all the auto gratuities, thus leaving me more budgeted money for fun and libations.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Admiral

No, you can't apply to a booking you have already made. If your TA has a group then the pricing is locked in. Will you be sailing before the pricing she/he has expires? If not, just wait until you are onboard, book the cruise or get a future cruise certificate and then you have have your TA transfer it into the group.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
No, you can't apply to a booking you have already made. If your TA has a group then the pricing is locked in. Will you be sailing before the pricing she/he has expires? If not, just wait until you are onboard, book the cruise or get a future cruise certificate and then you have have your TA transfer it into the group.
Sadly the pricing goes up in June, and the Monarch cruise isn't until October. So if I actually go on the Freedom in 2012, I will be booking by June before the price goes up.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Then I would probably suggest just booking into the group. Safest way to be sure you're in and at the best price available.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.