CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Wine Package (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/382220-wine-package.html)

HawkeyeFLA April 30th, 2011 01:38 AM

Wine Package

Okay, I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, so I'm going to ask. The wine packages that Royal offers, what do they include? The website only seems to list the various wine labels offered, but not what you get in terms of quantity. Is it a bottle a night? A bottle in the cabin? I love my wine, and my friend I am going with does as well, so I'm curious about this one.

Thanks.

FtlCruiseGal April 30th, 2011 08:51 AM

From what I have read, you get five bottles, and you are free to drink them wherever. If you start the bottle in the Windjammer, you can cork it and take it back to your room to finish drinking it.

HawkeyeFLA April 30th, 2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FtlCruiseGal (Post 1368673)
From what I have read, you get five bottles, and you are free to drink them wherever. If you start the bottle in the Windjammer, you can cork it and take it back to your room to finish drinking it.

5 bottles on a 3n cruise for 2 people. *hic* I wish I was close enough to my sail date to see the prices. Oh well, I shall have no choice but be patient.

FtlCruiseGal May 1st, 2011 08:03 AM

I got this off Trip Advisor, hope it helps:

"I just took a 4 day RCCL cruise. There are 3 wine packages. All alcohol has a mandatory tip of 15% which I have included in all prices. For 5 bottles the price is: Gold 129.95, Platinum 143.75and Diamond 157.55. ( I have seen a posting on Cruise Critic that RCCL has just changed their wine packages and increased the price.) i picked the Platinum as it had more reds. I was able to pick up a bottle at lunch in the dining room. By my calculation if you drank 5 bottles of Mondavi @ $36.80 X 5 = $184 versus the $143.75 I paid. 22% less. There were more expensive bottles and less expensive bottles so you should pay attention to the prices when you select your bottle at dinner. Prior to the cruise I took the wine list and looked up prices for what I could buy a bottle on-line then tried the most expensive ones to try on the ship.

A 16 oz budweiser is $5.69. A glass of wine is $7.47. The drink of the day is $9.49."

HawkeyeFLA May 1st, 2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FtlCruiseGal (Post 1368819)
I got this off Trip Advisor, hope it helps:

"I just took a 4 day RCCL cruise. There are 3 wine packages. All alcohol has a mandatory tip of 15% which I have included in all prices. For 5 bottles the price is: Gold 129.95, Platinum 143.75and Diamond 157.55. ( I have seen a posting on Cruise Critic that RCCL has just changed their wine packages and increased the price.) i picked the Platinum as it had more reds. I was able to pick up a bottle at lunch in the dining room. By my calculation if you drank 5 bottles of Mondavi @ $36.80 X 5 = $184 versus the $143.75 I paid. 22% less. There were more expensive bottles and less expensive bottles so you should pay attention to the prices when you select your bottle at dinner. Prior to the cruise I took the wine list and looked up prices for what I could buy a bottle on-line then tried the most expensive ones to try on the ship.

A 16 oz budweiser is $5.69. A glass of wine is $7.47. The drink of the day is $9.49."

Thanks. Never thought to look to Trip Advisor for that ... considering how much I enjoy wine, I have a feeling I will get at least the platinum. 3n cruise, I like the idea of have a bottle each evening with dinner, and 2 more for whatever. My only thing is ... can you only get the bottles at one of the restaurants, or at any bar? Anyone know?