Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Familiar Face

Default Fuel Fees and Booking a second cruise on board?

I know the cruise line has reserved the right to charge each passanger a $10 a day fuel fee but are they doing this? We are traveling June 18-25 on Liberty of the Sea in Western Med. Is it going to cost me $70 or $80 a person or should I not worry about it?

Booking another cruise on the ship. -- I have heard there is a reduced booking fee of ($100 or $100 a person) to reserve the cruise and a small ship board credit ($50 for a 7 day and $100 for more days) but is there a reduced cost. I am looking at a cruise for next year leaving San Juan, Puerto Rico ($1853 for 2 on a balcony RCL online) and want to know if it is worth booking it on board or waiting for a sale. What is your advice?
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Familiar Face

I don't think you will get any cost reductions by booking onboard, just the ship board credit. If I remember correctly it was $100 for a 7 days cruise.
Can't give you any advice on booking early or waiting. I think it depends on how fast the ship is filled in that particular itinerary (have seen cost both gone up and down closer to sail date depending of the itinerary).

That is a great cruise you will be doing! Have done similar cruises 2 times on Voyager of the Seas and am planning to do it next year again on Liberty of the Seas. I love the western Med!

/Erik
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Admiral

So far none of the cruiselines are charging the surcharge. However it could happen. Again though, the price of fuel has gone down over the last week so I would say that unless it goes up even higher you are probably pretty safe.

As for the OBC for booking onboard, it depends on what class of cabin you will be booking. If you are booking an OV or inside, by all means. Booking onboard is an excellent idea. If you are booking a balcony and you are entitled to a balcony discount, you may want to think about it. But again, the reduced deposit comes in handy. You can do a deposit of $100 per person.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.