Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Allure of the Seas Toddler Program, Ages??

I am booked for the October 23rd sailing of the Allure of the Seas. SO excited to be going on this ship.

My daughter will be just about 35 months old at the time of travel. She is a very active toddler and very advanced. She has been in child-care school setting since she was an infant.

My concern is this.. The age groups for the childrens programs are:

Baby's 0 to 18 mo's
Tots 18 to 36 mo's
Aquanauts - 3 yo to 5 yo

etc..

I read about the programs and looked at pictures for the Tots programs, and they seem like they'd be below my daughters level of education, the Aquanauts seems more her level.

I called RCCL, and they said that they are very strict about their age policy. Basically I'm afraid that my daughter will be bored to tears playing with 18 month olds, when the 3 years olds are all having fun without her and she'll be rejected at the door.

Does anyone have any idea how this program works? I'm not planning on leaving my daughter there alone anyway, I'll stay with her for every event and activity... I just want her to have fun.
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I am taking my 5 grandkids in December; they range in age from 2-14. From what I have read on other boards; the kids will not be bored. No matter what age Royal Caribbean keeps them busy.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Captain

Even though I don't have young ones, I was on a travel agent "training" cruise recently where I chose to go observe and speak with some of the young people who handle various duties in the "Adventure Ocean" program. I understand your concerns but my educated guess is that the staff will respond appropriately. This is a "bread and butter" marketing strategy for "RCI" and it seems to be something they continue to do quite well. I am an independent franchise so no "dog in the fight" to give "RCI" an undeserved "warm fuzzy" (in fact I think I am on their chronic complainer list for trying to get them to improve some of their deficiencies ;>)
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I think at 35 months they will be flexible - especially if you have another slightly older kid.

Umm.. you could just "exagerate" her age (I won't use the word "lie" about it). It isn't like she has a drivers license.
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I think at 35 months they will be flexible - especially if you have another slightly older kid.

Umm.. you could just "exagerate" her age (I won't use the word "lie" about it). It isn't like she has a drivers license.
But they know her age when she gets on-board, she DOES have to bring her passport!