Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Allure of the Seas Crown Loft Suite vs Owner's Suite

I am really confused about these two rooms. While the Crown loft suite is more expensive, the owner's suite is 29 sq ft bigger and the Owner's Suite balcony is 148. sq ft bigger. Would I truly be upgrading if I got a Crown Loft suite instead of a Owner's Suite?
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2011, 02:41 PM
First Mate

In th crown loft suite - you're paying for the view - the highest passenger cabins on the ship - deck 17. Also, the fact that you have huge floor to ceiling windows is pretty awesome. The owners suite is much more geared for entertaining others. I've sailed in both the Grand Suite and Owners Suite; I'd say that unless the price was "right"; I'd stick with my Grand Suite as it's the perfect size if you're not entertaining guests. When we got the Owners Suite; we had a group of 20 people, so we had cocktails and stuff in the suite and used the sectional couch.

If's a couple hundred dollar difference between the Owners and Loft; I'd upgrade to the Loft -if you're talking like $1K more to go Loft - personnally I don't think it's worth it.

FYI -- Be careful on the cabin selection choice when selecting a Loft Suite. Some face the rear of the ship and have zero privacy - therefore, anyone on the sports deck and clearly see into your cabin at any time of day. I'd recommend the Loft Suites facing the ocean only. Just my two cents.
Old June 9th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Admiral

When I first booked the Allure cruise I had a CL suite. As time moved on I started thinking about what I was getting for the money, and moved 'down' to a Grand Suite. I think I'm being smart since I saved $3000 and still get the same perks. Just three of us and no entertaining.

Another issue is, for some reason, the CL suites only have showers albeit two of them and the one on the second level is a shower-for-two. We get a real bathtub in the GS (and in an OS) which is what my wife prefers.

If I wanted to spend the money, in retrospect I think I'd pick the OS over the CL next time around.

And, DiamondMember has a huge point with location. The back row of Crown suites have zero privacy and lots of noise from the sports deck activities.