Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Exclamation Honeymoon on Allure Jun 19th Sailing, All entertainment sold out please help!!!

Hello all

I'm going on a honeymoon cruise on the Allure of the seas on the trip sailing Jun 19, unfortunately with all the wedding preparations we forgot to do reservations for our honeymoon cruise, just went to the website today and all the shows seem to be already full....anybody know what options do I have to to get us into the shows....my wife its already disappointed and since its our honeymoon I would like to fix this situation somehow....I sailed with RC a while ago with my family but we didn't go to any shows then....so i really don't know what to do.

do you guys know if they hold some seats for the shows so people can book them when board the ship? would it help is I tell them its our honeymoon....I'm a Crown and Anchor member also but just done 1 prior sailing, would contacting RC over the phone help out? need some help please.

thanks in advance

-Andres
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would certainly hope that they leave some spots open for people that book once on board, seems only right. I would also hope that they have enough space for everyone to see the shows. You may not get the exact tme/day that would work best, but still something...I am going in Oct., I guess I better get cooking on that soon too.

Please let us know after you return if you were able to see the shows you wanted, also congrats on the upcomming wedding/honeymoon...

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 9th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If they work it like the NCL Epic..a certain percentage of the seats are held back for walk ins...Decide what you want to see, so you can check the time you want,and just go early to be some of the first to go in.

We saw lots if this last fall..I would not be so worried.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Being a C&A member doesn't help nor will being on your honeymoon. However, as soon as you board see if there is anything. If there isn't, just get in the line about 30 minutes or so before showtime. They release all seats 10 minutes before showtime and those lined up will then be allowed in.

We saw some long lineups but as far as we could tell, no one was turned away.

You may not get the best choice of seats but you will get in.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:53 AM
First Mate

Get to the pier by 10AM and wait in line to board. Once you get onto the ship; there will be a line for show reservation near guest relations on the Royal Promenade. If you're there early enough; they'll give you reservations - they always hold back for ship reservations for this exact situation.
Old June 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Congratulations, Andres!

Don't quote me but I 'think' they hold back 30% of the seats for people to book aboard the ship. It is something like that.

I'll be on the cruise with you!
Old June 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Familiar Face

Yes congrats, i hope you both have a wonderful time

Pen x
Old June 9th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for all the tips guys, my wife tried the website again this morning....and managed to find a reservation for the headliner showtime and blue planet...both of them were the late night shows at 10-11 pm....not our ideal time....but we're making some progress....i just went though the reservation system and managed to reserve Oceanaria also at 10:45 PM on day 2 of the cruise....also noticed an available reservation for blue planed for the 5 pm show on day 7 (seaday) so changed my 11 pm reservation for that one....I guess some people are canceling....

I'll keep checking the website once a day and hopefully I'll be able to find reservations for Chicago and Ice Games....I really want to see chicago....my wife doesn't care much for the comedy show since her first language it's spanish...and It's kinda hard to get comedy shows in English if you are not really 100% fluent with the language , If i can't find a reservation it's good to know we got options like the wait line or try to book once we get aboard....

I will be updating this post and will share my experience this week with the reservation system wish me luck

Thanks again for your help and information
Old June 10th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Strange to me this on P&O you just turn up for shows....dunno which is best reservations or wait & see...I suppose the reservation system probably.
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
Strange to me this on P&O you just turn up for shows....dunno which is best reservations or wait & see...I suppose the reservation system probably.

Only Oasis and Allure have a reservation system and it's because of the size of the ship and number of people onboard. We did make reservations but that's another reason we won't sail the big ships again. I don't like to be regimented while on vacation.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Admiral

I have sailed on both the Oasis and the Allure.

I booked some shows, but I got to see others that I did not book.

Show up early and you have a good chance to see the shows.

When I was on the Oasis, I saw the come show twice and the headliner three times.

Enjoy your cruise.

We will beon the Oasis again in april.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011