Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question Serenade of the Seas-Southern Caribbean

Has anyone recently gone on the Serenade of the Seas cruise? Do you have the daily compass? My fiance and I will be going in August for our honeymoon and wanted to know what do expect for activities as this is our first cruise. We will be leaving out of San Juan and visiting ports of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao. What are some must see/do at these ports?
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have cruised 2 times on Serenade and LOVED IT!!! It is just big enough.. Last cruise was on Adventure of the Seas and while it was great, we prefer the smaller ship.. I think you will love it... Be sure and give Chops a try... Well worth the extra money.. Portifino's not so much. But it's just a matter of taste. We actually went to most of the same ports on the last one and they too are great... the water in Aruba is some of the prettiest water I have ever seen. If you are planning on buying any jewelry, there is a place in St Thomas that is NOT affliated with the cruise lines and he has the BEST prices... If you are interested let me know and I will tell you the name of the place... It's on the main drag.. Going back to St Kitts in March. Went there 2 years ago and did a really long shore excursion. It was nice if I remember correctly. If you do a beach excursion in Curacao or Aruba beware.... alot of Europeans and they LOVE to change clothes right on the beach... YEP, I saw it all...... ekkk......... Any specifics please ask.
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JLillie,
A good idea is to go to the Royal Caribbean web-site and check in, add all your information, travel plans, passport #, etc...You can also look through all the shore excursions for each port and get an idea of what activities you want to do. You can also pre-book any that you really want to do at a certain time. Even if you don't book any before you cruise, you can see what things there are to do in each place.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you both. I would love to know the name of the shop Cathy. Have you ever done the mystery dinner? Is it worth the $50/person. Thanks for the advice about Curacao or Aruba. I've looked at what RCL has on their website but its nice to get accounts of what the excursions really are like from someone who has done them.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I took a land tour in Aruba years ago that included the Natural Bridge, that is no longer. At the time, they let you walk on it....looking back, may-be not a great/safe idea? It was also nice to see other parts of the island through the tour. There are also quite a few nice beaches to visit.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

It is Renaissance Jewelers in St. Thomas.. Ask for Adrienne. He will fix you right up.. Wish I was going to see him soon!!!
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

About the Mystery dinner... tablemates of ours this past cruise said it was a waste of money but they were kinda strange so I don't know...Personally, we have never done it...
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac