Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dragons flight zip line on rccl ladabee island cautions

Dragon's flight zip line is a great ride but they should warn you about two things. First, you will have to tell the operator your true weight, and if you are concerned about exposing this information or have given false information about it in the past you will be exposed in public. Second, there is a training session on a shorter zip line prior the dragons flight zip line . The shorter zip line is a bit rougher than the longest zip line ride over water in the world. But both of these ziplines are superior to the zip line on the Allure.
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I guess this is another place, as with a small plane, that telling the truth is quite important..Thanks for this info.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 31st, 2011, 05:45 AM
Familiar Face

I am sure that they will begin weighins on commercial jets which will cause more furor than body scans or pat downs. I write this with tongue in cheek.
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Dragon's Flight was so much fun....The scariest part was the jeep ride to the starting point of the zipline.

They make you step on a scale to check your weight before you actually zip. I've seen a few people not being able to zip because of their weight and got a refund. And of course many people often subtract a few pounds when asked how much they weigh. However when doing the zipline or at a doctors office is a different story because you have no choice but to step on that scale.
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Familiar Face

Default Jeep ride was another part of the zipline experience along with the soldiers.

You brought up a situation I did not even think of and that was the overweight person. What is the cutoff point? They state on the surf horse rides weight limits. They should post this information on the internet too.
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Weigh limit is 250lbs.
Old August 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you. Information like a weight limit is vital to those who want to indulge and are then rejected.
Old August 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Familiar Face

Hey I just thought of something that came up when we were talking about zipline adventures at dinner, and that was a story about two older women who went on one of those other island ziplines. Anyhow the story was the women went down the line and proceeded to crash into the support at the other end of the line and ended up with broken wrists. This can't happen at Dragons Flight because they have a good braking system.

Just to get back to the soldiers who were on the road to Dragons Flight. Does anyone know why they are there?
Old September 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Familiar Face

Default Which is better??

Thanks for sharing that information!

I have a question maybe someone can help with! I'm planning in a cruise that goes to Ladabee and I was debating between the zipline or parasailing. Which would you prefer????? I've never done a real zipline or parasailing before. I though about doing both, but i'm not sure.

Also is there any concerns about bad weather that might shut the zipline down?
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiable View Post
Dragon's flight zip line is a great ride but they should warn you about two things. First, you will have to tell the operator your true weight, and if you are concerned about exposing this information or have given false information about it in the past you will be exposed in public. Second, there is a training session on a shorter zip line prior the dragons flight zip line . The shorter zip line is a bit rougher than the longest zip line ride over water in the world. But both of these ziplines are superior to the zip line on the Allure.
Can you tell me what you mean about the training sessions for the shorter one and the shorter line being a bit "rougher" than the longest zip? Just curious. I have done ziplines in Playa Del Carmen Mexico and it was so safe it was awesome. I just hope these are as safe.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Admiral

I was too heavy at some things where the limit was 15 stone /210 pounds...I was secretly relieved..."of course love to..oh dear too fat, sorry''..phew!
Old September 30th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breshiki View Post
Thanks for sharing that information!

I have a question maybe someone can help with! I'm planning in a cruise that goes to Ladabee and I was debating between the zipline or parasailing. Which would you prefer????? I've never done a real zipline or parasailing before. I though about doing both, but i'm not sure.

Also is there any concerns about bad weather that might shut the zipline down?
If you're not afraid of heights, parasailing is an awesome experience! That would be my first choice.

Cruises

upcoming cruise: Carnival Liberty May 2012

CARNIVAL SENSATION FEB. 2008
CARNIVAL DESTINY FEB. 2007
RCCL EXPLORER OF THE SEAS MARCH 2002
RCCL MAJESTY OF THE SEAS DEC. 2000
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION SEPT. 1999
RCCL ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS FEB. 1999
RCCL GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS FEB. 1997
Old October 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

hi all - new to this forum. Cruising this winter/western caribbean. would love some insights to the following:

1. Zipline: do you recommend Labadee zip or Canopy tour/Dunns river falls in Jamaica for the zipline.

2. I really would like to go to Dunns but concerned about it being crowded.

2. In addition to the zipline, the kids would like to go parasailing. Recommended ports? is it foolish to think we can do both zip and parasail in labadee and still have beach time?

thanks!!
Old October 26th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfduffer View Post
hi all - new to this forum. Cruising this winter/western caribbean. would love some insights to the following:

1. Zipline: do you recommend Labadee zip or Canopy tour/Dunns river falls in Jamaica for the zipline.

2. I really would like to go to Dunns but concerned about it being crowded.

2. In addition to the zipline, the kids would like to go parasailing. Recommended ports? is it foolish to think we can do both zip and parasail in labadee and still have beach time?

thanks!!
One thing to look at is prices. Excursions in one port can be a different price & length in another port.

If your wanting to go to the Dunn's Falls, the Zipline & Dunn's combo will be the best deal (you can also add more by doing the aerial lift & bobsled ride). However the Canopy tour is 6 lines through the trees instead of one HUGE one over the ocean. Determine how bad you want to go to the Dunn Falls & choose that way. Both will be a unique experience!

If you want to know about the crowds at the Dunn's, check out YouTube videos from people who have gone there. We're going to skip that one because of the crowds, number of people that may be there, but that doesn't mean that you should.

If you've booked your cruise, check out your pre-vacation calendar and look at the times the excursions start & how long they last. It's recommended to have at least 30 min between excursions. I've noticed they've set many excursions up so you can only do one, but you may be able to squeeze both in. The latest excursions start times I've seen in 1pm.
Old October 28th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

thanks for the insights. will have to go and look at those youtubes and such.