Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:26 AM
Familiar Face

Default Best mini bahamas cruise

Hi,

Looking to do a cruise with some friends - 4 or 5 girls. We are going to go in October or November on a 3 night cruise.

We are debating between Carnival Imagination, NCL Sky, Monarch of the Seas, and Majesty of the Seas. Carnival is about 280 a person, NCL about 320 a person, and RCL about 320 a person (each including taxes).

Carnival does not have the private island. What will the weather be like in October and November? Will it be hot? Is it likely the ships will dock at the private islands, or is this the time of year they usually skip them?

Which would you choose? Is NCL or RCL worth the extra few bucks? What's differences in activities? How do the ships themselves compare, and what's some differences in entertainment (live music / bands, shows, variety entertainers...)? Is there a calypso pool band? How about a party band to listen to at night?

Thanks so much for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
First Mate

I'd recommend Majesty of the Seas over any of the other ships. She's had a refresh and they've added a few new dining options and upgraded various portions of the ship. I'm personnally not a fan of Carnival at all, tend to find it to be of a lower quality than Royal. NCL is somewhere between the two. If I had to personnally rank these in order (just my opinon) I'd place Majesty and Monarch on the top, NCL second and Carnival last.

All three lines will have a healty "party" atmophere on the shorter cruises as folks going on these tend to want to "get-away" for a weekend of fun.

Royal will always attempt to tender to the private island; as in any cruise any time of the year; weather plays a factor as to the safety of them tendering to/from the island. This will be true for NCL.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The private beach days are one of my favorite things to do on a cruise.. Haven't been to Coco Cay in years, very pretty beach and lots to do, plus a decent BBQ lunch, can't beat that.

Message Boards Moderator