Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Familiar Face

Default disembarkation time on Freedom

Does anyone know the latest time we can leave the ship (Freedom of the Seas) after our cruise? We have a late flight home and would like to stay on the ship as long as possible. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisegal8 View Post
Does anyone know the latest time we can leave the ship (Freedom of the Seas) after our cruise? We have a late flight home and would like to stay on the ship as long as possible. Thanks for any input.
RCI on caribbean cruises will want you out of the room by 8 am, and off the ship by 10 or 10:30 am at the very latest.

There is an RCI type of excursion where you can pay $30 per person and stay onboard in the public areas until the afternoon, but I believe that is only for Med/Europe cruises right now, I may be wrong I think RCI plans on rolling it out fleetwide, just not sure yet if they have on the Freedom OTS and Caribbean cruises yet.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Usually by 11:00 AM or so, they start with the whole new batch of passengers, so all the previous ones will have left the ship. They also off some, post cruise excursions, just a way to sightsee and spend some time, other than sitting at the airport. Your luggage will travel with you and at the end of the tour, they will drop you off at the airport.

What time is your flight home?

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the responses. Donna-our flight home is at 3:45pm. I may check out the excursions post cruise and go that route. If they drop you off at the airport after the excursion that would be great!
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi CG,
About mid way during your cruise, they will give you a list of all the post cruise excursions. Some are staying at a local hotel for a few hours, some are tours around town, just much nicer than waiting around somewhere, since they pretty much get you off the ship as soon as possible.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

When we cruised back into Port Canaveral we took the Airboat ride on St John's River excursion and saw lots of gators(!)- it gives you something to do for 3-4hours, and at the completion of the tour they took us to the airport... IIRC around 1pmish..
They usually have a few different trips you can take at the conclusion of your cruise, that will end up at the airport.
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks Queen..I found that excursion you mentioned and it may be a good option for us.
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Familiar Face

We have the same circumstance as well. Our flight leaves in the evening and we were trying to figure out what to do. Originally, we were going to do the Space Kennedy excursion, but they want you to get up by 7 am. I felt that was too early even if they take you to the airport. We have a private pick-up company taking us back to the airport from the Space Kennedy center. We figured stay on the boat a little later and take a taxi over. Only problem is what to do with our luggage during our tour. Anybody know if there is storage units we can rent at the Space Kennedy Station or any other options?
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Familiar Face

I don't know that there are lockers at Kennedy Space Center, but I seriously doubt they would have them. I say that because there used to be lockers at airports, train and bus stations but they were removed for safety reasons.

I do have a suggestion for you though. I forget the name of it,perhaps it is luggage express, but it is a service with a charge of about $20 per person where your luggage is picked up the last night of the cruise and it is then taken to the airport for you. You are given luggage tags to attach to your luggage, but you don't see it again until you get to your final destination.

We have used it previously and it was worth every penny to not have to carry luggage around all day. Orlando airport is pretty busy on Sunday afternoons so, to me, this is the way to go.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Katiel53. I found the service Royal Carribean provides for luggage transfer. It's called luggage valet. I am going to use that service when I board.
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I just sailed on Freedom July 31 - Aug 7. When we got on board, three ladies were just leaving the ship (at approximately 1:30 pm). I read somewhere that you can, for a fee, stay on board until 90 minutes prior to departure. It talked about lounging by the pool and getting a bite to eat in the Windjammer Cafe. I looked through my Cruise Compasses to see if I could find the note, but I couldn't locate it.