Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First Time Cruising - With Toddler

Hi

Am about to go on our first cruise. Have a 22 month old daughter and will also be traveling with my brother and his 13 month old daughter. Am cruising on the NAvigator of the seas, leaving Rome in Sept for a 7 month cruise. Have a few questions and would be grateful for some help.

Can you buy whole milk on-board; is there a fridge in the cabins for storing milk; what are the best options for heating milk in the middle of night OR early morning.

Has anyone used the babysitting service and is it ok?

Thanks

MArk

Have
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadgoldm View Post
Hi

Am about to go on our first cruise. Have a 22 month old daughter and will also be traveling with my brother and his 13 month old daughter. Am cruising on the NAvigator of the seas, leaving Rome in Sept for a 7 month cruise. Have a few questions and would be grateful for some help.

Can you buy whole milk on-board; is there a fridge in the cabins for storing milk; what are the best options for heating milk in the middle of night OR early morning.

Has anyone used the babysitting service and is it ok?

Thanks

MArk

Have
1st cruise..7 months?
Old August 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Probably means 7 day cruise not months.

If 7 months I wonder if they are working on the ship

Most cruise ships have fridge in the room .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Mark, welcome to Cruisemates,

The milk served onboard will be whole milk. I would suggest ordering room service and requesting some,to put in the fridge would be your best bet..Ask your room steward to remove some of the items inside to make room for it. Getting milk warmed in the middle of the night is really not an option, unless you decided to find a venue downstairs that may have a micro wave. this could be a pain though. Early am, go to the lido buffet.

Another hint would be to bring a blow up pool to keep by your chairs at the pool, so the babies can splash away.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 8th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Admiral

My son's first cruise was at 9 months old. Getting whole milk is never a problem. I used to ask for a tall glass filled half way with boiling water and soak his bottle in it for a few minutes...it did the trick and worked well. After day one I never had to ask my waiters in the dining room for the boiling water they would bring it as soon as I got to the table.

Are the 22 & 13 month olds not sleeping thru the night? They still want a bottle in the middle of the night?

You can also take along with you a bottle warmer for the bottle. Milk can be stored in the cabin refridge and warmed up right in the cabin. Target, Walmart or Babies R Us have some cheap bottle warmers that work very well.

Enjoy!!!!