Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
Honestly, Royal Caribbean is the 2nd largest cruise line due to their financial holdings - has nothing to due with this situation. Could they have attempted to "text" the passengers, sure - but what about the old people who don't use text messaging? They then would have complained they didn't get a phone call on their cell, wait..then their would be the people who don't have cell phones...so they probably would have excepted a smoke signal from the cruise line? This is a lot of would have, should have, could have...it's a shame what occurred and it's good to see the line is attempting to right a wrong.

Sailing in hurricane season is the cheapest time of year for folks to go on a cruise, they received a price reduction for that reason - so I would hope they would be a bit more sensitive to these types of weather matters out of controls of the cruise line?
To start with your last statement, there wasn't much of a discount because of hurricane this season, very little in fact. There are also those who have no choice as to when the sail - families, teachers others who only get their vacations in the summer etc. etc.

As for what they could have done - they could have TRIED. By their own admission they didn't even do that. There is no excuse for their behaviour during this event. They treated people badly. It's as simply as that.

I am the first one to scream - get insurance - however there is always a one off and this was it. How a company behaves in a one off tells a lot about them. And in this same, doesn't say much..........................They waited to see what they were going to be able to get away with that would cost them the least amount of money.

The fact is, those that were left behind, especially the 8 that stood on the dock for half an hour, kept their end of the contract, RCL didn't. All the excuses in the world from the loyalists isn't going to change that fact.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
To start with your last statement, there wasn't much of a discount because of hurricane this season, very little in fact. There are also those who have no choice as to when the sail - families, teachers others who only get their vacations in the summer etc. etc.

As for what they could have done - they could have TRIED. By their own admission they didn't even do that. There is no excuse for their behaviour during this event. They treated people badly. It's as simply as that.

I am the first one to scream - get insurance - however there is always a one off and this was it. How a company behaves in a one off tells a lot about them. And in this same, doesn't say much..........................They waited to see what they were going to be able to get away with that would cost them the least amount of money.

The fact is, those that were left behind, especially the 8 that stood on the dock for half an hour, kept their end of the contract, RCL didn't. All the excuses in the world from the loyalists isn't going to change that fact.
Funny thing Felix, all cruise lines have loyalists. I have read several threads over the years involving several different lines of a former loyalist who had something negative happen to them-then they were singing a different tune. I always laugh at those threads-as the saying goes "you reap what you sow," if you are judgmental toward others-don't be surprised if you get slapped in the face yourself. I learned along time ago there is no true reward for loyalty in this life.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014