Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Liberty of the Seas changed Itinerary 9/10/11 !!!

RCL has CHANGED the port dates and times for Rome and Naples for Sep 10 departure from Barcelona.

Rome is now 9/15/11
Naples is now 9/14/11 at 10am.

They have not notified a single person. I called the company and they claimed it was due to "port congestion". I have proof this change was within the last week. I have purchased Vatican tickets for 9/14 (direct from Vatican), and now it's a mess. I also had a private excursion in Naples which the other company has graciously switched the dates.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Admiral

hmmmm Seems to be getting typical of RCL not to notify passengers of changes.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old September 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

RCI sure is adding insult to injusry to their clients of late......But I guess it could change back to the original itinerary just as quickly as it changed to the revised one too !

Bottom line.... if opting to do an independant tour when in any port of call, it is best to check to see their refund policy in the event of a change in itinerary or missed port for whatever reason.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Captain

Not only does the line look bad, they make the T/A look bad too. Due to all the weather activity I just checked for itinerary or weather updates with my resources as an agent. NO itinerary or weather updates this morning.... Not even when I specifically entered "Liberty."

I have been trying to fast-track becoming "Pinnacle" but "RCI" does make me question myself!
Old September 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The date was changed on Friday around 1PM EDT. To date, only those people that took time to view the itinerary after that time or saw someone's post about it, know about it. The only reason my wife received an email from RCCL about the change was because she had called them to inquire about it. This kind of customer service makes me think this may be my first and last cruise with them!
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Admiral

We've been D+ for some time now. RCL was always our line of choice for many years. However, in the last couple of years their support service has been awful. Therefore I have only sailed once on the Allure and there was a particular reason for that.

I know Celebrity and Azamara are their companies but we've switched to them and Princess at least until Celebrity and Azamara start being as bad as RCL.

I do sell RCL to my clients who want them of course, but I always qualify the way RCL has been treating their passengers pre-cruise. I feel it's my duty to let them know RCL has issues with supplying information.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Same thing here, TRose. I was online Saturday morning looking to make a change to a shore excursion. When I saw the itinerary change, I thought I must have been confused. Had to look at the original to confirm the switch. I called RCCL and ended up being the first one to notify RCCL's customer service rep of the change. I was also also able to change privately booked Naples and Rome Shore excursions. I imagine it will be chaotic for lots of others who have not been notified.