Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Familiar Face

Default Oasis Cruise

Hello Hello, I am new here and so glad i stumbled on this site, thank you moderator! I am planning my first cruise on Oasis October 27, 2012 with about 20 friends. Although, a little concerned as i have gotten sick on the ocean before, but am excited about taking the plunge! I have 2 questions for your seasoned cruisers.......first can anyone tell me anything about Labadee Haiti and Falmouth Jamaica?? I have been to Mexico so i know what to expect there. I think i would have liked to visit other ports instead, but i am not planning this trip. Second...... is anyone on here planning on being on this particular trip? Thank you so much in advance for your replies!! Happy sailing :-D:-D
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Kerr,
Welcome to Cruisemates and the world of cruising...I have not been to that port in Jamaica, but have been to Labadee a few times, it is a slice of paradise, lots to do, plenty of beach area. You don't have to stick to the one when you first arrive, walk to the opposite side, lovely views. They will serve a BBQ lunch in a few areas, not bad...You can sign up and do excersions there, I recomment the wave runner excursion, lots of fun. If you are really brave, they have parasailing as well. Just look through all the excursions on the Royal Caribbean site....

I haven't been on Oasis, but will be on Allure in about a month...I bet you will love it....

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Kerr, a big Cruisemate welcome! You certainly picked a beauty of a ship, for your first cruise, good for you.

Your beach day in Labadee could end up being the highlight of your crusie, as it is for many. This port has been redone, and, upgraded,with tons of fun things on land, plus wondeful water fun! Local arts and crafts are offered for sale by the locals

Falmouth is a rather new port,and experiencing some growing pains, with mixed reviews. The locals in Jamaica, can be a "tad" aggressive, and that puts many cruisers off, so be forwarned..Taking a ships tour if offerred, may be the way to go in this port.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Familiar Face

Go to the search block above your message block and insert the word Falmouth and you will get the latest info on Falmouth.
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Kerr, welcome to cruisemates.

I have cruised once on the Oasis and have another cruise booked on her for next year. It's a real gem.
I have been to Labadee three times and I love it. There ia alot ot do and they serve a nice lunch there.

You are goint to enjoy our Oasis cruis.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!