Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Carnival Miracle next to Allure of the Seas

Look at these two ships, makes you realize just how large Allure is, compared to a rather large Carnival Miracle:

Message Boards Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

When we sailed the Oasis last December, we pulled into Costa Maya and parked nose to nose with Carnival's Dream. Of course, it was dark and I just happened to be up. I went out on the balcony and looked to my left (which was the direction of the other ship). Suddenly, I see about 300 flashes go off towards our ship. My hubby came out just in time for this. The cruisers on the Dream were snapping photos of the Oasis. We had a good laugh over it.

We loved loved loved...the Oasis! We are planning the Allure for summer of 2013 for a graduation cruise for our son.

Old October 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Goodness! this is why I am not interested in crusing the large ships. Miracle was big enough. However, although she was a great ship brand new, I have heard she has really gone down the tubes. That is my biggest complaint with Carnival, their ships show their age really fast.

I don't really care for Carnival much-now I am not saying I will not cruise them-I would a newer ship if it was not huge, or for a great itinerary. If Carnival offered more Bermuda cruises from Charleston, SC I may would cruise Carnival again.

Friends of ours wanted us to cruise with them on Carnival Sensation (I think?-maybe another Carnival ship) over the holidays. Although I like them, I just could not book that cruise, Nassau and Freeport, on that old ship-no thanks.

We booked Jewel of the Seas instead. I have been to Cozumel plenty of times also, but that does not matter, I will enjoy my time on ship more. We also have an extra day-our cruise is 5 days-theirs is 4.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Constellation November 24, 2014
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
First Mate

Wow, that's amazing Donna! I have a pic somewhere of the original Pacific Princess under new name docked next to an RCI Voyager class. Just imagine what the Pacific would look like next to Allure.

Old November 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCoastCruiser View Post
Wow, that's amazing Donna! I have a pic somewhere of the original Pacific Princess under new name docked next to an RCI Voyager class. Just imagine what the Pacific would look like next to Allure.
In 2002 we took a cruise on her to Bermuda-this was about a month before she left Princess. Only a little over 600 PAX! Tiny! but she was a sweet little ship and we loved going on her just for the nostalgia of the old "Love Boat" TV show.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 5th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Admiral

Years ago, we were on MIRAGE, a small ship from Port Canaveral. While docked at a port, we were next to a Disney ship. The activity person jokingly said "we'd better get out of here quick, they might think we're their tugboat" I'll never forget that.
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Years ago, we were on MIRAGE, a small ship from Port Canaveral. While docked at a port, we were next to a Disney ship. The activity person jokingly said "we'd better get out of here quick, they might think we're their tugboat" I'll never forget that.
Have you seen that pirate ship excursion in Grand Cayman? I saw that little boat "attack" Freedom of the Seas and Caribbean princess. It was so funny! That tiny little boat attacking those big ships! !

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Admiral

I have seen the pirate ships they use for the excursions, but never attacking another ship. That had to be a riot!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The Mama, and the Baby!!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.. View Post

We loved loved loved...the Oasis! We are planning the Allure for summer of 2013 for a graduation cruise for our son.

We did too. We have sailed on the Allure as well and will be going on the Oasis for the second time ( april 2012 ).

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
First Mate

I would like to cruise the Allure or Oasis but they just don't hit enough ports for me. I guess it's due to the ships size. Last week they had balcony cabins on the Allure going for $1000pp. I almost booked, but with only 3 ports it really wasn't enough..
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005
Old November 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Admiral

It is true, both Oasis and Allure have to go to ports where they can dock. It would take too long to tender passengers ashore, so they are very limited. You basically go on these ships for the ship and the ports are an extra bonus...You find, even on the "sea" days there is lots to do onboard, plus if you want to relax by the pool, not a problem finding a lounge chair.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I have seen the pirate ships they use for the excursions, but never attacking another ship. That had to be a riot!
It was. I had been to Grand Cayman so many times that I did no excursions (had even been in port there a few months earlier on another cruise)-just shopped a bit and returned to ship. On Princess ,no soft serve ice cream machines but they serve soft serve ice cream in the lido rest. around 3 pm every day. So there I was sitting by the window enjoying my bowl of ice cream when I saw this little excursion in progress. I could not help but laugh. It was funny when it "attacked" the Caribbean Princess, and even funnier when it "attacked" the much larger Freedom of the Seas.

This last cruise we were on the Jewel of the Seas and were docked next to the Freedom of the Seas in Cozumel. I noticed the Freedom was both wider and longer than the JOS, but it did not swamp the JOS-the way it looked that it swamped the Miracle. we have a pic of the 2-I will see if I can get my hubby to help post it.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old December 29th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
It was. I had been to Grand Cayman so many times that I did no excursions (had even been in port there a few months earlier on another cruise)-just shopped a bit and returned to ship. On Princess ,no soft serve ice cream machines but they serve soft serve ice cream in the lido rest. around 3 pm every day. So there I was sitting by the window enjoying my bowl of ice cream when I saw this little excursion in progress. I could not help but laugh. It was funny when it "attacked" the Caribbean Princess, and even funnier when it "attacked" the much larger Freedom of the Seas.

This last cruise we were on the Jewel of the Seas and were docked next to the Freedom of the Seas in Cozumel. I noticed the Freedom was both wider and longer than the JOS, but it did not swamp the JOS-the way it looked that it swamped the Miracle. we have a pic of the 2-I will see if I can get my hubby to help post it.
The pic is too big-tried and tried to post it-anyone know how to shrink the
pic?

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old December 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Have you seen that pirate ship excursion in Grand Cayman? I saw that little boat "attack" Freedom of the Seas and Caribbean princess. It was so funny! That tiny little boat attacking those big ships! !
And it attacked Carnival Liberty earlier this month.