Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Captain

Default Jamaica jerk....

No I am not referring to a person but a question on where to get jerk chicken in Falmouth. I am probably going to stay close to the ship while in port and wondered if there is a jerk stand nearby that anybody knows of. I dont want to cab it somewhere just for that and I dont think I will take a tour. Any ideas?
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Any restaurant serving jerked chicken in the Falmouth port area would have to have opened recently. When the port first opened there were no local (walkable) restaurants suitable for cruisers, and the in port shops were not yet opened. I'd think a cab ride would be needed. In general, unless things have changed in the last year I'd not set off on foot alone into Falmouth. Stay with a group. We took a van taxi along with a number of other cruisers over to a private beach at the bay, and had jerked chicken and Red Stripe at their beach front restaurant before catching a few hours of beach time. Food was decent, but nothing to write home about. Can't even recall the name of the place. Taxi driver recommended it as safe and probably got a piece of the entry fee. I will be heading back over Christmas and am curious to see what's changed since the first Falmouth docking.
Old November 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

If you end up taking an excursion to Montego Bay, definitely go to The Pork Pit. Had incredible jerk chicken there. Our driver pointed out another place on the ride from Falmouth to Mo'Bay but I can't remember the name. Pauly's? Scully's? I'll try to remember and post if I do.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy View Post
No I am not referring to a person but a question on where to get jerk chicken in Falmouth. I am probably going to stay close to the ship while in port and wondered if there is a jerk stand nearby that anybody knows of. I dont want to cab it somewhere just for that and I dont think I will take a tour. Any ideas?
Briguy, if you're going to stay near port, go into El Dorado gift shop and ask one of the girls. It's in the strip that's in line with taxi bldg., before you get to taxis. I'm sure Meetu, Nardia or one of the others can help.
When we were there a couple of weeks ago, they were very helpful to us. Just tell them Santa sent you. I also have contact for a local taxi driver if you need it.
Enjoy your cruise.