Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default last minute deals

Do cruise prices really drop by waiting until a week or two before booking ? Also how do you accumulate cruise points as we have been cruising on R.C. for several years but am unfamiliar with these or where to find out if we indeed have accumulated any. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

To accumulate cruise points you need to join the Crown and Anchor club. You can do it online on RCCL website.
Bargains come up all the time I don't think anyone can predict when prices will be adjusted but you can check the Tuesday specials every week.
http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ales_event.pdf

mostly these specials are for imminent cruises, but some are further out.
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Do cruise prices really drop by waiting until a week or two before booking ?
That is the question everyone would love to know, but there is no definite answer. Some have booked as late as the day of sailing and gotten a screaming deal..... some have waited only to find out the ship is sold out they were looking at.

Basically a "crap shoot", but some deals are to be had at the last minute sometimes, just never know what cruiseline/ship or sailing date without checking daily. Off peak season may have a slightly higher chance of last minute bargains compared to peak season sailings.

For the most part, ships sail at 100% capacity or very close to that.

Good Luck !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Well I booked in late July our upcoming Jewel of the Seas cruise. At that time, they had what I considered was a great Senior citizen discount. $599 a person for the least expensive balcony. We booked and less than 2 weeks later the cheapest balcony (at any rate) was $900.

My adult daughter found an even better deal Thanksgiving week. She called our cruise agency and now we have a larger balcony on deck 9 -no more cost for hubby and I, but $10 more for our daughter as third person. This price was for all also-not a senior citizen deal.

We board 2 weeks from today! Even though this is only a 5 day, (we disembark Christmas eve) I am sure we will enjoy the extra space.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The only problem with booking at the last minute, is cabin selection...It is always possible someone that did book, and then when final payment time came, decided not to go ahead and cancelled, therefore a few cabins open up later.

As for the points, after the first time you cruise with Royal Caribbean, you are then a member of the Crown and Anchor club and the points will start adding.

There is also a Royal Caribbean credit card where you can accumulate points towards a cruise...

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Donna you are not automatically enrolled in C&A. You must enroll yourself. If you don't you don't get any credits.

For the OP, you will have to submit proof of your previous sailing on RCL ships to receive any credit for them. In the meanwhile, enroll yourself at www.royalcaribbean.com and get the ball rolling.

As for last minute cruises, some you win, some you lose. If you arn't that fussy and you live handy to the ports you will probably come up with something. If you have to fly down, the cost of air can mitigate any last minute savings you may get.

M

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You will also have to include your C & A number when booking the next Royal Caribbean cruise, so that will add to your total cruises. Being a member, you will also get a coupon booklet in your cabin on future cruises, some nice deals in there too.

Message Boards Moderator