CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Just returned from Adventure of the Seas. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/387253-just-returned-adventure-seas.html)

WilliamL January 23rd, 2012 10:22 AM

Just returned from Adventure of the Seas.

Just returned from Adventure of the Seas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. Let me first say that getting on the ship was confusing in the baggage handeling procedures. There was 3 lines one with bags one without and one line Im not sure of. Once on-board we found our room. It was clean and bright. We went to the Windjammer for lunch. There was a good selection of food. It was just okay. We had breakfast in the dining room and wouldn't recommend it. Eggs cold. This happened twice. We arent the dining room breakfast crowd but others in the group did, so we went. All other days ate at the windjammer, and the food was warm. Dining room dinners were again just okay to bad. Food cold tasteless and the selections werent that great. We aren't picky people at all. We have sailed on Carnivale and NCL and still feel Carnival is the best line. On Carnival you could get ice tea and such 24 / 7 try to find it on the RCI not after 7pm. Ice cream always a line on RCI due to the fact they had a sever couldn't get it yourself. We always pick the early dining and the walk around do some activities then go for a bite before bed. Not on RCI no buffet after dinner. There was a place to get pizza and a sandwich but nothing to drink such as ice tea or such. Very disappointed, people said RCI treats you like royality we didn't have that expierence and will stick with Carnival or NCL. Have been on the Victory and Valor and 2 NCL's and we feel like we wouldn't go back on a RCI going forward.

EMG January 29th, 2012 04:10 PM

Seems like you have something against RCCL. I've cruised on the Adventure of the Seas and didn't experience any of this. I wonder what; in terms of food is available "every" night of the cruise after dinner hours besides the Pizza station. Lido deck dinner is served until what 9:30pm? If you haven't eaten by 9:30 I would assume you're not that hungry for a decent meal.

In my opinion I would prefer that an attendent served The Cream, many kids AND adults don't know how to use the self serve ice cream machine thus making the lines much much longer than they need to be because people don't know how to use the machine.

My personal experience is that RCCL has a much better atmosphere than Carnival and my feelings were reinforced after my LAST cruise with Carnival - 1 cruise away from reaching Platinum status.

I only drink water, ice team or the juice and I have never gone thirsty. Again; working machine could be found near the pizza station after hours, if not you can find something to drink in the royal promenade.

Donna January 29th, 2012 04:25 PM

I think you just gotta know where to go and look for stuff to eat later in the evening. It also helps to read through your daily compass, they list all the restaurants and hours of service, etc.