Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Familiar Face

Default Explorer of the Seas Delayed

Yesterday the news came from RCI that the Explorer of the Seas will be delayed from it's normal arrival in Bayonne, NJ, Cape Liberty, of Friday 1/27/2012 to be Saturday 1/28/2012 due to a medical emergency which caused the Explorer to turn back toward Puerto Rico. A passenger was then medivac'd to the hospital for surgery. This delay is said to cause loss of the RCI owned Labadee visit for the next cruise. The 1/27/2012 (now 1/28/2012) passengers are supposedly receiving 15% of their cruise cost to be credited to their on board account.

Happy Cruising, Buil
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

to bad that someone got sick i seen a email from royal about it yesturday I hope the person is ok in the end.

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Old January 27th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Familiar Face

We had something like this happen on the Carnival Sensation when I was on it 12+ years ago for my 21st birthday, someone had a heart attack right after leaving New Orleans, we were in the middle of the Gulf, and the ship sped up to get back to Tampa, FL faster...I found this message board today looking for a reason why Explorer was gonna be delayed, i'll be on the Explorer of The Seas in August 2012