CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Death on RCL Liberty (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/387410-death-rcl-liberty.html)

felix_the_cat January 30th, 2012 09:03 PM

Death on RCL Liberty

How sad. Apparently a lady fell down a set of stairs and has died. There was also a death reported on a Carnival ship this weekend.

What is happening?

Queen of Diamonds January 30th, 2012 10:00 PM

Here you go -

Events at Sea 2011

Golden1 January 31st, 2012 05:43 PM

I have noticed as of late that whenever I am out in public at night, I see many women (and not young, mind you) wearing shoes that have thin 6" heals and platform fronts. I can tell most of these women cannot walk in these shoes properly. I wonder if the woman who fell down the stairs was wearing a pair of these horrific shoes.

Trip January 31st, 2012 05:58 PM

This is from the wife, of the Captain of the Liberty.... it happened leaving the
Catacombs. Those stairs are steep!

This woman lives a few towns away from me, and from what i've read, my guess is it's just a sad accident, period.:(

felix_the_cat February 1st, 2012 10:46 AM

I agree, it was just a sad accident. One can fall down the stairs and generally break a leg, break an arm or sprain the same. Once in a great while something like this happens causing death.

As for the shoes, I know what kind you are referring to and I really doubt although I have nothing to base my doubt on, that she was wearing those type of stupid shoes. I have yet to see a woman over 40 wearing those idiotic things.

Golden1 February 1st, 2012 06:39 PM

It seems the age limit for those stupid shoes do not apply in South Florida! lol.

Trip February 1st, 2012 11:45 PM

I just received this info..it seems the woman was at a two hour open bar private party. She actually fell up the stairs, and, did not put her hands out to brace herself, so they think she sustained a broken neck. The Captain was with her, when she passed. Very sad situation indeed.

Moiraine February 2nd, 2012 10:07 AM

Oh, that is very sad.

Mike M February 2nd, 2012 10:40 AM

I broke my knee falling "Up The Stairs". I wasn't wearing stupid shoes nor drunk.

Accidents happen.

100,000+ people are on a cruise at any given day. Somebody is going to die or have an accident. It's sad when it happens but it can, will and does happen.

Take care,
Mike

Moiraine February 2nd, 2012 10:47 AM

And it will be reported to death and scare people off of cruising.

Trip February 2nd, 2012 11:14 AM

I so hate to see anyone fall,and have fallen up myself. Add the possiblity of a a smooth soled shoe, and the smooth surface of some stairs, it's just so sad.

felix_the_cat February 2nd, 2012 11:22 AM

I am as clumsy as they come. I have fallen up and down stairs more times than I can count. It's unbelievable how bad I am. I have broken every toe, both ankles and up from there. If I can't hold a bannister I won't use the stairs that's how clumsy I am.

It sounds as if in this case, the "jar" was just wrong and the angle or whatever broke her neck.

No matter, it's a very sad thing. I just think it's being treated with more publicity right now because of everything that is going on in general.

Surfguyxxx1 February 2nd, 2012 04:35 PM

I work in the operating room and can tell you first hand how sad it is to see some patients when all they did was be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had one patient that was riding a horse, her horse mind you for 5 years, and the horse decided to stop and roll over onto her; never having done anything like this before. She broke her spine and was paralyzed from the waist down from it.
This is tragic for this family and my heart goes out to them.

Warum February 5th, 2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1413163)
I just received this info..it seems the woman was at a two hour open bar private party. She actually fell up the stairs, and, did not put her hands out to brace herself, so they think she sustained a broken neck. The Captain was with her, when she passed. Very sad situation indeed.

good to know, that there was no problem with the stair-case-step itself, causing the fall ....