CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Bringing Water/Juice on Board (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/387601-bringing-water-juice-board.html)

chrissy3427 February 10th, 2012 05:37 PM

Bringing Water/Juice on Board

So, what's the definitive word on whether you can bring your own water/juice on board? Yes or No? I've read answers on both sides of this issue, and according to the RCCL website, it seems like they say no, but the seem to concentrate mostly on the alcohol issue and not non-alcohol drinks.

So, what has been everyone's experience, can I bring a 6-pack or case of my own bottled water or juice on board?

Thanks everyone! And Happy sailing!
GF and I set sail in April! WooHoo!

Snoozeman February 10th, 2012 07:25 PM

I took three 1-liter bottles of coca-cola on board the Mariner last week. It was in my carry on bag and went through the x-ray machine.

Trip February 10th, 2012 08:05 PM

If one is driving to a port it's an easy thing to do. Flying in, and, then buying what you want, can be a pain. Really, there is no need to bring water onboard. The water onboard is just fine..bring an empty,and just refill.

Surfguyxxx1 February 11th, 2012 09:10 AM

I "always" bring a case of water and put it into a suitcase and check it in. When the water is finished, I use the luggage for dirty clothes.

chrissy3427 February 19th, 2012 02:09 PM

So, I am not sure what I can do...
A direct email from RCCL indicates you can only bring on non-alcoholic drinks "in-hand" as there are plenty of drink choices on board.

On the other hand, I have heard folks just putting a luggage tag on their case of water or soda and they check that in. Putting it in a suitcase is not an option, as we are doing a 12 day cruise + 2 women + formal nights + + pool outfits + dancing outfits + shoes = no room in a suitcase for a case of drinks! lol

My partner and I drink and prefer flavored water, and we were hoping to bring a case on board, (we are taking a car service to the pier) and check it in with our luggage.

Do you all think this is doable? I'm really getting mixxed signals.

Thanks all!

Surfguyxxx1 February 23rd, 2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissy3427 (Post 1416273)
So, I am not sure what I can do...
A direct email from RCCL indicates you can only bring on non-alcoholic drinks "in-hand" as there are plenty of drink choices on board.

On the other hand, I have heard folks just putting a luggage tag on their case of water or soda and they check that in. Putting it in a suitcase is not an option, as we are doing a 12 day cruise + 2 women + formal nights + + pool outfits + dancing outfits + shoes = no room in a suitcase for a case of drinks! lol

My partner and I drink and prefer flavored water, and we were hoping to bring a case on board, (we are taking a car service to the pier) and check it in with our luggage.

Do you all think this is doable? I'm really getting mixxed signals.

Thanks all!

Chrissy,
Bring a duffle bag and buy what you want leaving it enclosed in the package. At the end, use the bag for dirty clothes or stuff it into your suitcase and enjoy the memories.

chrissy3427 February 26th, 2012 12:34 PM

Thanks Surfguy, but I think bringing another bag is out of the question; my gf and I think we have it narrowed down to 5 bags and a garment bag. Don't even know how we are going to manage that! lol.

Thanks everyone, I think we are going to abort bringing anything on board.