Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default past 24 weeks pregnant

I have just been made aware of the 24 week pregnancy policy. I was not pregnant when we booked.
I am wondering if anyone has ever claimed to not be pregnant in order to board their cruise ship? I have heard of people obtaining falsified doctor's notes to board, but I am not willing to do that. However, I am also hearing that we may not get a refund, and I'm not really willing to lose that much money either. Help!
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you buy insurance? If so, you could put a claim in if you have a policy that allows you to cancel for any reason or covers a pregnancy (I know those policies are scarce though so read the fine print). When are you supposed to cruise? You might be eligible for some sort of refund.

I would never risk lying about the pregnancy even if it is a low risk pregnancy. You never know what could happen and you certainly don't want to have a problem in the middle of the ocean that could jeopardize your health or the baby.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would certainly check and see if you are covered with your travel insurance company, providing you did purchase it?? No, I would not lie about, just to board, you may also be in the timeframe where you could cancel and then re-book for a future date?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by needadvice View Post
I have just been made aware of the 24 week pregnancy policy. I was not pregnant when we booked.
I am wondering if anyone has ever claimed to not be pregnant in order to board their cruise ship? I have heard of people obtaining falsified doctor's notes to board, but I am not willing to do that. However, I am also hearing that we may not get a refund, and I'm not really willing to lose that much money either. Help!
Have you already made final payment?
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you all for your input. Yes, we bought the insurance and we are planning to cancel and invoke the insurance. We never wanted to lie, but felt stuck. Thanks again!