Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Familiar Face

Question Show reservations?

I was told last night by someone sailing on the Freedom that they have made all their reservations for the shows in advance for the week. I know Ice Show reservations are needed but never heard of any other. Just returned from the Jewel and had no such thing. Is he mixed up or is it me?
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

When I was on Freedom, they didn't have the option to pre-book shows. They do, however on Oasis and Allure of the Seas. There are more shows all around the ship, with a water show, ice show and production shows and even a comedy club. It is a good idea to pre-book them. I just did a few on Allure and was sorry I didn't do more..

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Admiral

I will be on the Freedom OTS in May of this year and I did book all my shows online thru RCI's website. This guarantees you a seat for the show and it allows you to avoid the lines. I suggest this to anyone wanting to view the shows. Saves a lot of time.
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Captain

Just back from the "Liberty o/t Seas" and she also allows pre-reserving for the no cost shows. Worked very well and eliminates the need for paper tickets to the ice show they just scan your "SeaPass" for entry.
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

They keep adding new things to the web site all the time and they do not announce every little update (which I appreciate, since I would be sure to get a press release if they did).

You need a reservation to know what is possible in terms of what ships have the ability make reservations online and since I don't have a reservation I cannot do that, but the gist is that the biggest ships, starting with Oasis and Allure, and then on down, seem the the online reservation capability first.
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Admiral

So this will be my first cruise on Freedom of the Seas and I was able to make show reservations for three shows including the ice show.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Captain

I just came off Freedom and had made "all" reservations online prior. Shows, dinners in speciality restaurants, ice shows. Great to get that out of the way so you don't have to scurry around.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14

Booked:Freedom OTS 10/14
Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15

Old March 25th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Perhaps they are letting pax know individually after they make final pmt or when they check in online.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will sail on Allure on May 13th and made all our show reservations last week. I was surprised to find that some times we wanted were not available. Obviously people are booking early...
What happens to passengers who board without having booked anything? Are they out of luck if they don't have a computer? Or do they hold back a number of tickets for those who show up at Guest Services?
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

They will have a stand-by line going and 10 minutes before the show starts they will let these people in any seats that aren't taken. There are usually some, we did this a few times and got seats, but I would rather pre-book and not have to wait in line.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Diamonds View Post
We will sail on Allure on May 13th and made all our show reservations last week. I was surprised to find that some times we wanted were not available. Obviously people are booking early...
What happens to passengers who board without having booked anything? Are they out of luck if they don't have a computer? Or do they hold back a number of tickets for those who show up at Guest Services?
I am one of those people that booked my end of May Allure shows and dining times at the end of Feb. begining of March and if it makes you feel any better I booked My Time Dining the minute it was available and their were no 6:30-7:30 times available to book. So, that being said I am assuming they are holding some reservations back for last minute folks. You can make reservations for dining right on your stateroom tv once you board if you don't want to do it now or your times aren't available. And for the shows get their really early or again try to book on your stateroom tv. I know from reserach their will be a stand by line for the shows as well. I am not a person that can fly by the seat of their pants so to speak so as I researched and researched and booked everything in advanace that I knew I wanted to do. If your not a planner and go with the flow personality type then you'll be just fine.

Happy cruising...I know I am looking forward to seeing this ship for the first time!