Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
First Mate

Default Hilton Rose Hall or Sunset Beach

Falmouth Jamaica on the Freedom April 15th and while there I'm thinking the best thing to do will be to go to one of the resorts. Has anyone visited Hilton Rose Hall or Sunset Beach? Prefer one over the other, why? I assume the $15pp higher rate at the Hilton Rose is simply because it's a Hilton?

Thanks
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
First Mate

Default resort

Hi EMG,
We've been to Sandals with a fantastic day spent there,You can reach this place in internet.
Have a nice cruise.

MTL
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG View Post
Falmouth Jamaica on the Freedom April 15th and while there I'm thinking the best thing to do will be to go to one of the resorts. Has anyone visited Hilton Rose Hall or Sunset Beach? Prefer one over the other, why? I assume the $15pp higher rate at the Hilton Rose is simply because it's a Hilton?

Thanks
Hi EMG,

We had the same questions when we went on our last trip to Falmouth and after finding out what it actually cost to do the resorts, when some of them has nothing but a man made beach( which is really not beautiful white sand), or even if they have a natural beach, it is so small....We decided to take a highly certified cab on the pier....Luckily for us we got driver/tour guide LINDSAY MCFARLANE, a very wonderful, knowledgeable, professional person. He is registered, certified and insured with the Jamaica Tourist Board and Tourisim Product Developement Co L.T.D.

With 4 persons in our party, we hired him for a day for $150...He took us on a wonderful tour of Falmouth and Montego Bay, then the beautiful white sand with watersports and all the ammenities that we needed, plus while we were at the beach, to our surprise he brought us locally grown mangoes, bananas and Jamaican apples...after the beach he took us shopping, then lunch finally because we didn't want to eat too early, and back to the ship...he was right there with us the whole time just in case we wanted to go early. except for shopping, it costed us$215 totaly for a wonderful, fun day, at no time did we felt threatened or that safety was an issue...The locals were so warm and friendly.

If you have any doubts, contact Lindsay McFarlane at snljamaicantours@hotmail.com or call 1-876-412-4298

My regards,
Marie W
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello, EMG.
I'm a retired teacher living in Montego Bay. Both of the facilities of which you inquire are quite "posh". It would be a matter of choice, I think. I love the Sunset Beach myself. Many of my acquaintances here work in the tourist industry (driving buses/vehicles), and I listen to their conversations often regarding the facilities available to tourists. I also would recommend that you contact a private tour operator in advance to schedule your shore excursion, for that guarantees that you will have an itinerary tailored to your interests and pleasures. There are many, of course. The individual who has provided excellent excursions for my visiting family and friends is Mr. O'Neil Lawrence, who is based in Montego Bay. If you wish to acquire information from him, he can be reached at 1-876-277-3408 or lawrence.enterprises@yahoo.com. He also has a facebook page where he posts photos of his guests and excursions.

Hope this is helpful.

Martyellen
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the information guys. I'm going to finalize my Falmouth activities this weekend since we cruise in less than 20 days.
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005