CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Allure Cabin Question ?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/388427-allure-cabin-question.html)

rjsmom March 23rd, 2012 01:46 PM

Allure Cabin Question ??

Does anyone have any negative's or positive's to being on deck 8 . We are wondering if the noise from the Central Park area on the other side of the wall is heard from the cabins.
What would be the ideal deck 6-7-8 for lack of noise ?
We are looking at Oceanview Balcony cabins.

Thanks Carol

Donna March 23rd, 2012 08:16 PM

From my observation just walking through the park, didn't seem overly noisy at all, in fact they had the piped in bird and bug sound, certainly not too loud..

seadog2 March 24th, 2012 11:23 AM

Agree with Donna. The "inside out" cabins seemed to be very nice. The piped bird and bug sounds were soothing. People were sitting out on their balconies enjoying central park.

Mmketeer March 31st, 2012 03:18 PM

I am sailing the Allure at the end of May and I chose deck 8 and a superior oceanview balcony cabin. My cabin is the first balcony near the front of the ship, but honestly I don't think any of the ocean view cabins on that deck would be a bad chioce. Central Park looks to be alot more tranquil than the Boardwalk area and as everyone else mentioned I too heard that it has serene sound scapes like birds chirping. I also liked this deck because it's close to the Park Cafe where we can grab snacks, finger sandwiches cookies or coffee. Boardwalk is only one deck down and if I can get my butt to the spa it's only two decks down. This deck worked the best for me from what I researched. But, you'll need to figure out what will work for you and then what bedding layout you want. I chose a cabin with the bed close to the closest instead of the balcony. Tighter fit to get into the closet, but I don't mind that. I think the most popular chioce though is the bed next to the balcony. Then again alot people don't care either way, being a planner..I care. LOL!

How do you figure out your cabin bedding layout? Usually on the Allure when you are looking at connecting cabins -When you are facing the double doors in the hallway, the door on the right has the bed by the balcony, while the door on the left has the bed by the closet. And so and so on.

Donna March 31st, 2012 06:35 PM

I like to enter the cabin and have the sofa/table first and then the bed...On both Freedom and Allure, that was the layout, thought they were all like that, guess not?

AF1 March 31st, 2012 10:25 PM

Donna. I believe Allure cabin layouts change every other cabin. Bed by the balcony on every other or on alternate cabins. I found that in central park it can get a little warm on the balcony. I choose the boardwalk area, so I could experience a breeze.

Comet Cruiser April 1st, 2012 09:59 AM

Hello,

I know the Allure and Oasis are sister ships but I think I have also heard that there are some "differences" ..wondering if anyone could tell me what they are?? We are thinking of booking one or the other for next year.

Thanks
Gail
Comet Cruiser

AF1 April 1st, 2012 01:44 PM

One difference are the shows. Allure had Chicago the musical; Oasis has Harispray. Allure has Rita's Cantina, and Oasis has the Seafood Shack. These are not big differences; just the shows and a few eateries.

seadog2 April 6th, 2012 06:01 PM

Also the Allure is 6" larger than the Oasis. Not much but a difference none the less.