Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Liberty of Seas, May 23, 2012: Share Shore Excursion in Rome

Hello Everyone: ANYONE WANT TO JOIN US FOR A PRIVATE TOUR OF ROME?....My husband and I (35-45, from USA, avid travelers) are sailing from Barcelona on the May 23, 2012 sailing and are so excited. We are currently looking at shore excursions for Rome. Ideally, we would like a very small group of people and to see as many great sites as possible in one day as we have never been to Rome before. Yes, RCCL does offer some nice trips, but I found a great company (SHARE A SHORE EXCURSION) that will provide a better service for a much smaller group and actually get you to see more in one day without waiting for tour tickets. They get great reviews on tripadvisor and cruisecritic. The catch is that we need to get more people to make the price worthwhile. I have created a group called "May26 Best of Rome with Skip the Lines" You can access the tour information at Share A Shore Excursion In Italy :: Home The tour includes all transportation, tickets to Vatican/Sistein Chapel, tickets to inside Colesseum without any lines and can take a maximum of 8 passengers for the day. The advantage of getting more people in our group makes the cost go down for everyone as you will see from the website/tour description. A much larger group from the cruise shore excursions, actually sees less (does not enter Colesseum), and costs equal to more money. It should be noted that we would need to hire a guide at Vatican for our group and pay for our own lunch. The guide at the Vatican does cost $120E per group, but that could be split by the group. Even with this guide, if we got eight people, the price for this day would actually be nearly $200 USD cheaper than the boat tour with a smaller group. Please consider joining my husband and I on a great day in Rome. If you want to chat more about this, please message me here or go directly to the share a shore excursion and sign up. After we have our group, pay, and confirm they send us pick up information.
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise and day in rome

Hello

I was just reading your thread and myself and friend will be on that cruise to we are from Australia. I have sent your thread to my friend and am awaiting her thoughts. I am nearly 100% that she will say yes so just letting you know that two people would like to join the private tour of Rome that if you haven't already filled the private tour bus.

Will stay in touche

Debbie