Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Familiar Face

Default Oasis/Allure question

Have not sailed on RCCL in years.Can anyone tell me if these ships have a thermal spa area with all the different steam rooms like we had on the Carnival Dream? We are really tired of the Carnival quality of food and entertainment and want a change. But we really love and need the steam rooms and don't mind paying the extra. Could not find anything on there deck plans, but may have missed it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Captain

If you use a search engine for the spa and fitness center on the ship(s) it will help you out (description and photos). I recall them being there, just didn't use them. I did love that the entrance/exit to the walking/jogging track is inside the fitness center and it is much more functional than trying to walk/run around the pool deck.
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think you will find the entertainment to be outstanding on these ships, so many different shows and you can pre-book them before you cruise, a good idea to do..

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Oasis/Allure have everything that you could want. Spa has everything; whirlpools, surf machine, ice skating rink, aqua theater, boardwalk carosel, plus the amazing shows, U have a choice of eating your meals in about 8 different venues. they have american, mexican, italian, steak house, hot dog and hamburger joints, pizza parlor, etc. If you choose either ship you will have fun. Ditto what Donna said about booking shows, book online before you board; if u have any questions, just ask.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturist View Post
Have not sailed on RCCL in years.Can anyone tell me if these ships have a thermal spa area with all the different steam rooms like we had on the Carnival Dream? We are really tired of the Carnival quality of food and entertainment and want a change. But we really love and need the steam rooms and don't mind paying the extra. Could not find anything on there deck plans, but may have missed it. Thanks
Yes, they have the thermal spas. I fell in love with (and fell asleep on) the heated lounges.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Captain

Allure is better than Oasis in my opinion They are sister ships but they offer different venues that make the Allure superior.
Allure has the show "Chicago" performed with vigor, energy and high drama. Oasis has "Hairsrpray" it lacks all of the aforementioned qualities of "Chicago."
Allure has a spectacular, breathtaking multimedia stage show that has not gotten the attention and praise it deserves. Oasis, by comparison, has a low-cost, stage production. A nice effort, but not even close to the breathtaking Allure production which takes advantage of the wall to wall stage and pobably would win the Guiness World Record for stages on ships at sea.
Allure has hotdogs and bratwursts as of February 2012. Not just hotdogs but a variety of exotic hotdogs. It is a hot dog feast. Oasis has doughnuts, but they are no match for the Allure hotdogs.
Just wanted to let anyone know who might be considering a cruise on these resort ships what they might keep in mind when making reservations.
Better attitude about serving Chocolate breakfast on Allure than Oasis.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtlCruiseGal View Post
Yes, they have the thermal spas. I fell in love with (and fell asleep on) the heated lounges.
How much do they charge? I know when we sailed on Princess they had a special when they had a Spa tour. I think it was 2 for 1 for the legnth of the trip. Then they had some deals as the trip went on. We loved the spa. It's not something we do all the time so it really added to the trip. Plus on that trip we had the kids so it was also some "alone" time.

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N

Old May 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturist View Post
Lots of entertainment to keep you busy on RCCL...However if you are tired of the MDR Carnival type food...then expect nothing better on RCCL MDR...