CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   bermuda (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/389089-bermuda.html)

quincy April 27th, 2012 10:16 AM

bermuda

We are going to bermuda on explorer of the seas in september on 7 night cruise. Since we will be docked 2 full days where can we go other then the beach. we have been to Bermuda twice and loved it. But we would like any suggestions on where else to go. thanks.

Lakers Fan April 27th, 2012 11:07 AM

It depends on what your interests are .We've been to Bermuda twice and are going again this summer .

Donna April 27th, 2012 09:04 PM

Isn't there some good golf courses there?

quincy April 28th, 2012 02:25 PM

sightseeing in bermuda. we don't play golf so thats out. but isn't there any excursions that we can do?

Lakers Fan April 28th, 2012 03:48 PM

There are probably hundreds of excursions ,check the internet.

Donna April 28th, 2012 05:11 PM

Quincy,
You should be able to view all the excursions on Royal Caribbean's web-site and see what all there is to do there. Many times, you can book it independently if it is available...What kinds of things do you like to do? I understand the beaches there are quite beautiful too.

quincy April 29th, 2012 07:04 AM

i do look at the booklet on excursions, but sometimes word of mouth is better. we like exploring sights too. we even know of a nice place in town to eat thats great. i just hope its still there when we go in september.

bermudafreak April 29th, 2012 08:14 AM

Oh my gosh, the possibilities are endless. I assume you are docking at the Royal Navy Dockyard. Grab a ferry to the East End, St. Georges. This is a World Heritage site and great to explore. If you do a little exploration on the internet, you will find days and times when they reenact the "Dunking of the Wench". This is interesting. Some of the best places can be found by just walking and depending upon the locals to guide you to places of interest. We have explored quaint graveyards and found other great places. Pay a taxi driver and he/she will give you a tour. You can also go to Fort St. Catherine which is a nice site. There are great restuarants there as well. Be sure to try a ginger beer. If that doesn't interest you, try taking a bus to one of the lighthouses (everyone should experience the Bermuda bus). It those ideas don't float your boat, try the bus excursion which give you a tour of the island or the glass bottom boat or the caves. In Bermuda, you simple can't miss.

Lakers Fan April 29th, 2012 10:36 AM

We have been to Bermuda twice .The first time there were no such things as shore excursions and therefore we toured on our own by walking and buses .The second time was last year and we toured on our own-buses ,ferry and walking .

worthew8 April 29th, 2012 06:17 PM

Crystal Caves

I checked out Crystal Caves...pretty neat! You use stairs that can be somewhat steep.

Crystal Caves Bermuda

quincy May 1st, 2012 08:40 AM

thank you for your suggestions. they all seemed like things we would like to do. looking forward to going.

Lakers Fan May 1st, 2012 09:41 AM

Another suggestion is the Bermuda Chamber of Commerce web site .I found it to be very informative .

AF1 May 10th, 2012 08:26 AM

Have you checked the shore excursions from the ship?

Lakers Fan May 10th, 2012 09:37 AM

Crystal Caves is a great place to go .

quincy May 12th, 2012 03:38 PM

thank you for all your suggestions. we can't wait to go.