Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:09 AM
First Mate

Default Oasis VS Allure and Vice Versa

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask your opinion as to which ship is better and why??

I have heard that the Oasis has Cupcake Cupboard but not Allure, and Allure has the Hot Dog Stand but not on Oasis.....is this true and are there any other major differences?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gail
Comet Cruiser

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Admiral

I suggest that you cruise on both of those ships. I did and we had two wonderful cruises.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM
First Mate

Thanks for your answer Manuel, but it really is just a choice of either, either right now.We are from Ontario and only do one cruise a year, so any helpful info on both of those ships woud be helpful. Which ship did you prefer Manuel? And if so, for what reason?

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If you are cruising with any kids, both young and old, Allure has all the Dreamworks characters onboard to entertain, as far as I know Oasis doesn't. They have some amazing parades and are out and about at show times, etc...

I don't think you can go wrong with either ship, I absolutely loved Allure...

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Captain

Default If I only had one cruise to go on it would be the Allure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Cruiser View Post
Thanks for your answer Manuel, but it really is just a choice of either, either right now.We are from Ontario and only do one cruise a year, so any helpful info on both of those ships woud be helpful. Which ship did you prefer Manuel? And if so, for what reason?

Gail
Comet Cruiser
I have given my opinion before on the subject
why the is Allure better than Oasis. Therefore I was reluctant to repeat it but since you seem to desire this information to make a decision I will repeat what I have said.
They are sister ships but they offer different venues that make the Allure superior.
Allure has the show "Chicago" performed with vigor, energy and high drama. Oasis has "Hairsrpray" it lacks all of the aforementioned qualities of "Chicago."
Allure has a spectacular, breathtaking multimedia stage show that has not gotten the attention and praise it deserves. Oasis, by comparison, has a low-cost, stage production. A nice effort, but not even close to the breathtaking Allure production.
Allure has hotdogs and sausages. Not just hotdogs but a variety of exotic hotdogs and sausages. It is a hot dog feast. Oasis has doughnuts, but they are no match for the Allure hotdogs and sausages. (Check with RCL about Hot Dog shop existence since RCL has been changing the ship restaurants on these two ships.)
The chocolate breakfasts on the Allure seemed to be better on Allure.
Donna has already commented on the Dreamworks characters.

You should read the other comments contained in my thread Why the Allure is better than the Oasis - see in listings below this message.

Bon voyage.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:44 AM
First Mate

Which ship is better is based on preference for instance; I don't care for chocolate so chocolate breakfast doesn't mean much to me. I also don't care for Chicago so that wouldn't matter either. If those are the criteria for what makes one ship better than the other, those criteria don't hold a lot of weight.

The Oasis has the Dreamworks Characters now.

In the span of 2 years I would hope that any business relaunching a product would be able to improve on the original and over that time, food and show choices may be available that weren't available before.

Remember when not every ship had a huge theatre on the pool deck, that doesn't make or break a cruise because not very many folks are crowding the deck to watch "TV".

There are tons of things to do on these oceanliners and if everyone was interested in the same thing cruises wouldn't sell because the lines and wait times would be too long, everyone would be bottle-necked at one event.

Just my opinion.
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
I have heard that the Oasis has Cupcake Cupboard but not Allure, and Allure has the Hot Dog Stand but not on Oasis.....is this true and are there any other major differences?
Both have the cupcake cupboard - they are delicious but cost extra. Allure has hotdogs but Oasis also has them now. The donuts were not that great when I cruised, they dried out too quickly in the outdoor heat on the Boardwalk. But they are gone anyway.

Oasis still has the Seafood Shack and the Solarium Bistro (more health-food) where Allure has Rosie's Cantina and a Brazilian churasscaria. Both of these are slight advantages for Allure in my opinion.

Dreamworks in on both ships. I prefer Hairspray on Oasis over Chicago, the musical on Allure. Your opinion may vary. Both are full version Bradway book shows.

All in all - Oasis in decor is a slightly glitzier version than Allure (more subdued) but they are 99% identical.
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Both have the cupcake cupboard - they are delicious but cost extra. Allure has hotdogs but Oasis also has them now. The donuts were not that great when I cruised, they dried out too quickly in the outdoor heat on the Boardwalk. But they are gone anyway.

Oasis still has the Seafood Shack and the Solarium Bistro (more health-food) where Allure has Rosie's Cantina and a Brazilian churasscaria. Both of these are slight advantages for Allure in my opinion.

Dreamworks in on both ships. I prefer Hairspray on Oasis over Chicago, the musical on Allure. Your opinion may vary. Both are full version Bradway book shows.

All in all - Oasis in decor is a slightly glitzier version than Allure (more subdued) but they are 99% identical.
Allure still has donuts on the Boardwalk- I tried not to eat them last week!
The Solarium Bistro on Allure is used for breakfast and lunch.
We ate at Rita's Cantina twice, once it was for the Cantina Fiesta which was
super fun, we were there around 2+ hours.
I would have traded the Brazilian restaurant for Oasis' seafood shack. I never saw anyone eating there....
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I made a mistake - Oasis does not have the Dog House - sorry (I was at the RCI web site, but it got confusing).
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Captain

Allure Blue Planet show is really great. It is a magic presentation offered only on the Allure. Oasis has a stage show it's called something like "Come Fly with Me". Blue Planet show is exceptional and in my opinion much better than the Oasis show. This is another reason I liked the Allure and would select it over the Oasis for a first cruise.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Bonnie,
Yes, I totally agree with you, the Blue Planet show was absolutely awesome, surely something NOT to miss.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Captain

Thanks Donna for your comment. I feel bad that RCL doesn't say more about this show.
If they did more promotion on it I believe they would attract more cruisers. Also those cruisers who don't like the Chicago show have a great entertainment alternative.
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I haven't seen either show as they were not ready when I was onboard.

Also - as I recall the upgrade to Oasis to make it the same as Allure (in terms of restaurants like the Doghouse and Brazilian steakhouse) were supposed to be finished by end of 2011.

I would like to take a full 7-day cruise on Allure one of these days. I have also never seen a full AquaTheater show - all I got to see were basically previews.
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Allure has the Donut shop on the Boardwalk; around 7am each day, they put out donuts and coffee in the Doghouse area; when the Doghouse opens for lunch, they break down the donut shop area; these are the same donuts u get in the windjammer; its more of a convience if you are staying in the boardwalk cabins. Since both ships now have Dreamworks experience; they both offer the chocolate breakfasts. This happen twice during the cruise. It is an option open for anyone; not just kids
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds

Last edited by AF1; June 4th, 2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: grammer