CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Radiance - April 19 - Hawaii/Vancouver (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/389482-radiance-april-19-hawaii-vancouver.html)

felix_the_cat May 20th, 2012 09:20 PM

Radiance - April 19 - Hawaii/Vancouver

We returned on May 4th from the repositioning cruise of the Radiance. We had a lovely cruise until the second last night. It was windy and rainy. Typical coming into Vancouver.

One of the new restaurants on the Radiance is the Samba Grill which they have places on Deck 12. This is the most dangerous place and I would advise no one and I mean no one, attempt to reach this during weather that isn't perfect.

We did make that mistake, and I am paying a painful price for it. There are no facilities in the restaurant therefore you must leave it, to go half way across the deck.

On my return, I had just stepped back into the restaurant when I took an extremely painful fall. My left wrist was broken. I am in a cast and still very uncomfortable.

Don't try to go to Samba when the weather is off is the best advise I can offer.

And, yes, it was their fault and the best way of knowing that, they did not charge me for all the medical treatment I needed that evening and the next day.

Donna May 21st, 2012 09:24 AM

So sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are healing well, take care.

AF1 June 4th, 2012 12:07 PM

Felix, I hope your wrist is getting better. I fell two weeks ago while on vacation in Hawaii. I broke my left shoulder in four places. So I do know about pain, discomfort; and I am out of work for 6-8 weeks. Best to you

felix_the_cat June 18th, 2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF1 (Post 1431280)
Felix, I hope your wrist is getting better. I fell two weeks ago while on vacation in Hawaii. I broke my left shoulder in four places. So I do know about pain, discomfort; and I am out of work for 6-8 weeks. Best to you

Sorry to hear that. It must be Hawaii ;)

My cast came off last Thursday but my hand/wrist are still pretty bad. I can't use them. I'm going to start physio tomorrow.

AF1 June 21st, 2012 04:43 PM

did u enjoy the long sea days? was the pacific ocean rough?

felix_the_cat November 17th, 2012 08:17 PM

I was gone for awhile, didn't realize how long. As far as the long days on the Pacific, they were really nice. Funny, one day the ship actually stalled - we were dead in the water for about 4/5 hours. It was wonderful - the weather was perfect. I guess that's why no one paniced about it.

As for my wrist, it is now over 6 months and the bone is healed but the damage to nerves and tendons is bad making my wrist rather useless :(