CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   jewel of the seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/389604-jewel-seas.html)

KellyKayden May 26th, 2012 05:55 PM

jewel of the seas

Hello!

Has anyone been on the ship? Looking for a quick "review"

Donna May 26th, 2012 07:26 PM

I was on Jewel when she was almost brand new, what a lovely, beautiful ship.. I actually enjoy this class of Royal Caribbean, nice size around 90,000 tons...Lots of windows and beautiful art work and you can't compare the atriums to any other cruiseline.

What is the itinary you will be doing on Jewel of the Seas?

Steveinflorida May 26th, 2012 09:45 PM

Hi, No I havent been on it, but I will be on 11/29/12. I'm looking for Reviews also, heard it's nice though, Steve

Pootersdad May 27th, 2012 06:45 AM

Jewel of the Seas

We have been on the Jewel more than 10 times. It is one of our favorite ships. Lots of glass, nice artwork, great crew. We will be on Jewel again this year for the Boston to Tampa repositioning cruise (our 7th time doing this particular cruise).

Jewel will be moving to San Juan sometime in 2013, and will be replaced on the Boston-Tampa run by a sister ship, Brilliance of the Seas.

We love that entire class of ship (Radiance). Sort of like the three bears story....not too big, not too small - just right. You will love the ship.

KellyKayden May 27th, 2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1429976)
I was on Jewel when she was almost brand new, what a lovely, beautiful ship.. I actually enjoy this class of Royal Caribbean, nice size around 90,000 tons...Lots of windows and beautiful art work and you can't compare the atriums to any other cruiseline.

What is the itinary you will be doing on Jewel of the Seas?

Funny enough im not sure yet. My travel buddy had found a carnival cruise we were going to do in may and I gave her all my info to book. Well, my husband came back yesterday from a cruise on that very same carnival ship and did not have a single good thing to say about it. About 20 minutes later, I received a text from my bff stating she booked us on "jewel" instead and is coming over today so we can look at the itinerary . Glad to hear its nice! Thank you all for the input! :)

Trip May 27th, 2012 08:26 AM

This beautiful ship sails filled to the brim with happy New Englanders, when she does the repositioning cruise from Boston. I know many who sailed in October,and,all was good!

Pootersdad May 28th, 2012 06:24 AM

Jewel of the Seas

Yes, there are a LOT of New Englanders on this repo cruise (as there will be on Brilliance next year). Many of the folks use this cruise to get to their winter homes in Florida. A nice, relaxing way to get from the Northeast to sunny Florida. There will probably be 50 or 60 people we know on this sailing.