CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   14th Deck on the Allure ? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/390255-14th-deck-allure.html)

Elaine88 June 30th, 2012 08:53 PM

14th Deck on the Allure ?

We just booked for a Nov cruise and they did not have many rooms left. We wanted a Balcony room so my husband booked deck 14 close to the front of the ship. But he did not check out to see what eles was on that deck which now I know has alot of the kids area things there. We are in our 50s no kids. Anyone have any input on this deck having no kids? Also what side of the ship do you prefer?? We have done portside on our last cruises thanks E

ruthlessboss July 1st, 2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine88 (Post 1435286)
We just booked for a Nov cruise and they did not have many rooms left. We wanted a Balcony room so my husband booked deck 14 close to the front of the ship. But he did not check out to see what eles was on that deck which now I know has alot of the kids area things there. We are in our 50s no kids. Anyone have any input on this deck having no kids? Also what side of the ship do you prefer?? We have done portside on our last cruises thanks E

Not sure what type of kids activities you are speaking if. Kids clubs? Or areas of slides etc. I'm booked on Epic on 14th level balcony, discovered it's called the family area, and across from a huge kids club. We are both retired. I posed my concern on a site, but everyone wrote and said their activities were all organized. Of course there might be the usual kid running in the hall, that can happen on any level.

Donna July 1st, 2012 07:36 AM

Just check the deck above and below, are the activities right above you on deck 14?? If it is just down the hall, shouldn't be a problem.

Robbie H July 1st, 2012 02:06 PM

Deck 14 is NOT where I would want to be so I would definitely have you or your TA keep an eye out for a switch. There can be so much going on above you (pools, whirlpools, cleaning and moving chairs etc.....). I realize choices are limited but you do see "movement" on cabins (I call it shuffling the deck since I am in the trade) when final payment comes due.

Not trying to scare, just enlighten, Robbie

AF1 July 1st, 2012 02:08 PM

What is your cabin number? I will check one of my cruise blogs with cabin locations. I see your cabin is up front with adventure ocean, kids arcade, royal tots. From my view the cabins would be seperate from the kids area; so unless you walk around the kids area, you should be ok. Now if you sit on your balcony, there may be a little noise during the day; but not too much.