CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Brillance of the Seas and Port Everglades parking (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/390637-brillance-seas-port-everglades-parking.html)

oriema2002 July 18th, 2012 01:14 PM

Brillance of the Seas and Port Everglades parking

1) What does anyone know about Brillance of the Seas? I am booked on her in August.

2) How convenient is the parking at Port Everglades for Allure of the Seas?

ruthlessboss July 18th, 2012 03:58 PM

Can't be too bad. Thousands find their way to the ship every weekend.

DiamondMember July 18th, 2012 06:41 PM

Could you help further explain what you'd like to know about Brilliance? She's a Radiance Class Ship; 90,000 tons, primarily sails European and Southern Caribbean routes.

Port Everglades is easy to get to and park, should have no problem.

oriema2002 July 19th, 2012 09:01 AM

Thanks for your resonse. My wife heard that it is old, that toilets don't flush properly. upholstery is worn, that there's no electrical power when the ship is in port, that cabin stewards routinely forget to make up rooms and the food is poorer than other RCI cruises. A standard complaint is that there are not enough seats in the buffet and people, for beakfast, either sit on the floor or go hungry as with the shore excursion scheduie there is not enough time to eat in the main dining room. This is all from a friend who sailed on her last year who said that the ship was horrible.. My wife is so upset, she wants me to cancel and book on another ship. Do you or does anyone out there know anything about these reports. If I cancel and book on another ship, I will lose thousands of dollars. Your insight would be appreciated.

ruthlessboss July 19th, 2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oriema2002 (Post 1439129)
Thanks for your resonse. My wife heard that it is old, that toilets don't flush properly. upholstery is worn, that there's no electrical power when the ship is in port, that cabin stewards routinely forget to make up rooms and the food is poorer than other RCI cruises. A standard complaint is that there are not enough seats in the buffet and people, for beakfast, either sit on the floor or go hungry as with the shore excursion scheduie there is not enough time to eat in the main dining room. This is all from a friend who sailed on her last year who said that the ship was horrible.. My wife is so upset, she wants me to cancel and book on another ship. Do you or does anyone out there know anything about these reports. If I cancel and book on another ship, I will lose thousands of dollars. Your insight would be appreciated.

I think her friend is cuckoo;)

Pootersdad July 19th, 2012 01:47 PM

Brilliance OTS

The "friend" doesn't know what he/she is talking about. If the ship were that bad, there would be a gazillion posts on these forums warning people to stay away.

DiamondMember July 20th, 2012 12:15 PM

Agreed, I just got off Brilliance 4 weeks ago from the Norway Fjords cruise and these concerns are completely inappropriate - I have very high standards (Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean, Platinum at Starwood Hotels, etc.) and would sail Brilliance again and again. I sailed her in 2005 and this year and found her in the same good condition.

Say hello to Julie from the cruise staff as she is fantastic! If you're in a suite, Betsy (concierge) will certainly handle any concerns. Absolutely do not cancel.

DiamondMember July 20th, 2012 12:21 PM

Oh and the no electrical power in port is completely, whole heartly FALSE. The ship operates on full power 24/7 and is operated like a 5 star hotel, shocks me that someone would tell your wife this--nuts!

Manuel July 30th, 2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondMember (Post 1439286)
Oh and the no electrical power in port is completely, whole heartly FALSE. The ship operates on full power 24/7 and is operated like a 5 star hotel, shocks me that someone would tell your wife this--nuts!

There are allways people who love to make negative statements.

TM