CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Longer Itinerary for Oasis class (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/390833-longer-itinerary-oasis-class.html)

Sticc0 July 25th, 2012 02:54 AM

Longer Itinerary for Oasis class

Has anyone herd any news about possibly having a longer Itinerary for Oasis or Allure? I would LOVE to see something more than 7nights!!

Thanks

aerospace July 25th, 2012 07:07 AM

It's not that popular but some people cruise back to back on the same ship twice. Double the length and a bit more relaxed as if you miss something you can do it next week, or repeat things you enjoyed the first go round.

Might be an option to consider going 14 nights. Or a bit more complicated would be to do Oasis one week and Allure the next.

Donna July 25th, 2012 08:40 AM

I believe that now Oasis leaves on Sat and Allure on Sunday, so it would be impossible to do both in 2 weeks, but good idea...You could just stay onboard and do the East one week and the West the following week. Remember, these huge ships can only visit certain ports.

Manuel July 25th, 2012 08:51 AM

I do love those ships and would like it if they had a ten or eleven day cruise.

TM

AF1 July 29th, 2012 12:56 PM

I don't beleive the ship can get into a lot of the ports. It took Royal a long time to negotiate with host countries to get them to build docks for that size ship. Some of the smaller islands in the Caribbean don't want to spend the money to dredge their ports; just for two big ships; they would rather keep the smaller ships coming.; I would think management in Miami is constantly working to bring new ports for the two large ships.

Stennsan August 22nd, 2012 01:14 AM

These ships are very limited by available port facilities. Check out the Oasis Mighty Ships episode for an idea of how much work had to go into the port of Nassau just to be able to handle Oasis-class ships. The price tag was something like $30 million.

The back-to-back is an interesting idea. Would you have to disembark completely for this to work?

aerospace August 22nd, 2012 01:03 PM

Cruising back to back does require you to get off and go through customs, but the ship will arrange for those staying the next week to all go at once.

Essentially they will tell you to meet in a certain lounge around 9am and the dozen or so will go together after the lines are gone. Expect it to take 15-30mins, they usually have coffee/pastries while your waiting to go. Then you turn around and get right back on board, usually it's about 11 before the next passengers come on board so the ship is yours. Most of the ship will be closed though so don't expect to go to breakfast afterwards, just hit the pool or something.

Also you don't need to stay on ship, as your in Miami I'd suggest getting off at 7 with the walk off passengers and heading to the beach for the day. You will need to be back on board by 3pm.

Trackypup August 22nd, 2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1439892)
I believe that now Oasis leaves on Sat and Allure on Sunday, so it would be impossible to do both in 2 weeks, but good idea...You could just stay onboard and do the East one week and the West the following week. Remember, these huge ships can only visit certain ports.

Why could you not cruise Saturday to Saturday on Oasis, stay overnight in Ft. Lauderdale and then Sunday - Sunday on Allure? that's a B2B in two weeks.

blueliner August 22nd, 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1443146)
Why could you not cruise Saturday to Saturday on Oasis, stay overnight in Ft. Lauderdale and then Sunday - Sunday on Allure? that's a B2B in two weeks.

Because you'd basically be doing the same cruise twice. The Oasis and Allure alternate eastern and western Caribbean. So if you did the western Caribbean on the Oasis one week, stayed overnight in Ft. Lauderdale one night and then boarded the Allure, you'd be going back to the Western Caribbean again. Not a problem if you really like to do the same cruise twice or really like one side of the Caribbean. But if you truly wanted to do a B2B cruise and not be repeating the same cruise, you'd be better off staying on the same ship.

Trackypup August 22nd, 2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner (Post 1443147)
Because you'd basically be doing the same cruise twice. The Oasis and Allure alternate eastern and western Caribbean. So if you did the western Caribbean on the Oasis one week, stayed overnight in Ft. Lauderdale one night and then boarded the Allure, you'd be going back to the Western Caribbean again. Not a problem if you really like to do the same cruise twice or really like one side of the Caribbean. But if you truly wanted to do a B2B cruise and not be repeating the same cruise, you'd be better off staying on the same ship.

Gottcha...didn't realize they went back and forth on the same itineraries.

Donna August 22nd, 2012 04:40 PM

Tacky,
Yes, if it wasn't for the itinary, that would work out wonderfully.

beachbum13 September 3rd, 2012 03:57 PM

When we were on the Crown Princess we met a woman from England that was going back to back to back. The first two legs were with friends and the last leg with her husband. I think she said she had the same room for the first 2 legs and a suite for the leg with hubby. She said she got a really good deal.

Surfguyxxx1 September 3rd, 2012 05:08 PM

Now that sounds like fun (and expensive no matter how good the deal was)