Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Familiar Face

Default OK, so I booked our cruise..Now what?

Finally booked our cruise on the Independance of Sea. It will be our second cruise, the first being on the Enchantment of the sea six years ago. The cruise is an 8 night cruise as opposed to the 5 night cruise on AOTS. Heres the issue: The cruise is SIX MONTHS AWAY (yes I'm screaming}. I'm already excited about this trip cant help but think I'm in for a let down.Enchantment? Is it just that they added more cabins? I they have a rockwall, a Flo-rider, and ice rink...but I cant imagne those things would add that much to a ship.

One more question. What papework do you need to bring with you? Is it just the confirmation email and pasport?
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Congratulations to you!! Six months, will wiz by,and anticipation is good,as is, looking at all your excursion, dining, and,onboard options. Make sure your passport is up to date,and, yes, bring along your printed paperwork. Make sure you look into getting travel insurance a well. Most important.

Here is a link to get you in the mood, especially when all the ships are back from Europe,and the sailaways are busier...watch and wave,and know, you will soon be watched, as YOU sailaway. Have a great cruise!

Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Web Cam This site includes, Miami, NYC, and PC as well..enjoy.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You'll want to go online to the Royal Caribbean web site (armed with your confirmation booking number) and fill out all of your registration information. Once complete, and once final payment has been made, you'll need to print out your boarding pass, as well as any luggage tags you will need.

I don't expect you'll have any "let down" at all after sailing Enchantment, which is a beautiful ship. The Independance is no slouch in that department.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Wow, six months is not a long time to wait for a cruise a year and a half is. Congrats on your booking. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. DW and I will be on the Independence is a couple of months and we are excited. Be sure to book all of your shore excursions and onboard activities online (Royal Caribbean's website) before you leave home. This will save you a lot of time once onboard. Six months will be up before you know it. Enjoy your cruise.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hopefully, your wait time of 6 months will go by quickly. In the meantime, you will be doing some shopping eventually, I am sure :-) You can also research the ports and get an idea of what all you want to do in each port....Congrats on the booking, YES!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

WOW - I can understand you are exited. Our cruise (10 nights eastern) is only 30 days away now (nov. 2) and I booked on august 8. Since I booked the cruise, I've been on the internet allmost every evening looking for things to do during and after the cruise. Instead of booking a hotel after the cruise, we booked another cruise (4 nights Bahamas). Now I don't surf so much anymore, I pack my suitcase - it's difficult to bring all I want because of the weight-limits on the plane.
I shall think of you when our cruise is over and we are back in Sweden - You still have your cruise to look forward to while I "only" have memories and pictures.
ENJOY YOUR CRUISE - time passes quickly
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Kinnared..welcome to CruiseMates, it's nice to have cruisers from your beautiful part of the world, join our community. Have a fabulous cruise

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator