Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default Birthday Ideas Please

I have made plans and paid our deposit to sail on Eastern Caribbean cruise on Freedom of the Seas on Oct 20th 2013. I know its a full year away. I am planning on taking my girlfriend and another couple on this wonderful cruse. This will be my 2nd cruise but for all my guests will be their first. They are really looking forward to it. However, my birthday is on the 26th of Oct and my girlfriend is on the Nov 1st. But I really would like to give my girlfriend a surprise birthday party on the cruise. I am really looking for ideas that will give us the WOW factor in our cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Captain

What's your budget, what stateroom did you get?

My first thoughts would be first class tickets, limo from the airport, and tell her you got inside but upgrade to balcony/suite. It's also possible to prebook things like a birthday cake, champagne, flowers, etc for your room. That way you walk in the room and you start the party.

11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries

Next cruise: None scheduled
PM me if you need a cruisemate for any Europe, transatlantic, or Panama Canal cruises
Date, ship, cost pp
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can't go wrong with a suprise dinner at Chops while onboard....It is an extra charge, but well worth it IMHO.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'll give you might opinion:

Just going on the cruise IS THE WOW FACTOR. The cruise, as you know, is non stop fun and excitement.

I agree with Donna that going to one of the specialty restaurants is a good idea for minimal money and a private dining adventure without much effort.

Save the money, don't bother with a balcony or fancy cabin. In fact, avoid hanging out in the cabins and be up and out and meet people. Participate in many of the events. READ the Compass (left in the stateroom each evening) throughout the entire day and highlight what interests you the most. You should typically find something specific to attend in the morning, afternoon and evening besides just food and the entertainment. For example, go to "The Love and Marriage Game" go to the Quest and PARTICIPATE (unless you find it offensive or objectionable. Go to the "cake decorating" or the napkin folding or the dance classes or Zumba, etc. Go to the Karyoke or any other events that you've typically never done before.

Enjoy the ports of call but DON"T MISS getting back on the ship by drinking too much or wondering around and losing track of time. The ship wait's for NOBODY except their own excursions.

Enjoy and it will be a very memorable birthday.